megan rainey on Sun, 20 May 2001 15:07:03 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] FW: UT

.. this should be of interest ..

mjr

----------
From: cacsa <cacsa@camtech.net.au>
To: dialogue <cacsa@camtech.net.au>
Subject: UT
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:23 PM

p e r f o r m a n c e
w e b  s e r i e s
a n d  n e w  d i a l o g u e  t h r e a d

UT - domus 3
Stevie Wishart + Joan Grounds [Australia + UK]
11 May - 3 June

The Ut project is a sound installation which explores three spaces - the
medieval, the contemporary and the virtual.

At the Contemporary Art Centre of South Australia, we are presenting v2.
This piece concentrates on the virtual and contemporary spaces using video
and sound which become the focus of a series of different performances.
Image and sound in video and embodied image and sound in performance effect
each other, the performer, and the audience.  When the gallery is closed,
the installation becomes our studio, a site from which we continue to build
new work and change the content of the sound and image.

Live Sound Installations
2:30pm Sunday 20 May
6:30pm Thursday 24 May
4pm Sunday 27 May

Stevie and Joan will regularly post new web pieces on the CACSA website in
addition to changes in the physical installation.
http://www.cacsa.org.au/cacsa/program/index_frames2.html and scroll down.
Also linked from the CACSA site are artist statements 'PREVIEW' as published
in Broadsheet -- 'A Commentary' by Linda Marie Walker, and a RealTime
interview with Stevie Wishart 'Working the Globe'

A new thread on the CACSA dialogue board is innitated with the following
queries ...

- What is a sound installation ?

- What are the effects or in what way do sound and image effect each other ?

- What do sound and image offer an embodied experience ?

- How can we translate art that we create for a specific physical space into
a virtual space ... beyond documentation ?

http://www.cacsa.org.au/cacsa/dialogue/index_frames.html
engage via above link

ut.jpg