integer on Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:58:55 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\

hello.

which do you like more +?  0+000 or 0+002 +?

may email ecdysone@eusocial.com your selection.
[please also include your name]

nn \\ the story in the cup of life

0+000

The problem is not information overload. There is always too much information.
It is the misdirected search for meaning.

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;" (Yeats, 19..)

A private + dreamful chaos

The signs which make up the code of the circuit between two
individuals unlock the contents of the brain of each.

Our models are designed to simulate select logical functions of the
individual brain. In this they neglect the most important function of
brains, which is to interact with each other to form families and
societies (Fischer 1990; Brothers 1990), as shown by the necessity
for acculturation and education in bringing young people to maturity.
Meaning arises in social relations. It comes from inspired visions of
isolated individuals only after they have been communicated. Yet each
person is terribly alone. Why is this so? How can isolation be
transcended?

"Though my experience is not the whole world, that world appears in
my experience and, so far as it exists there, it is my state of mind"
(Leibniz 1947)

Eighty percent of what any LGN cell listens to comes not from the
retina, but from the dense interconnectedness of other regions of the
brain.

  "When humans think seriously they think abstractly. They conjure up
simplified pictures of reality called concepts.theories. models.
paradigms" (Huntington 1993) codes. signs.

Everything which exists is a projection of a brain.
All of us are the fantasy of 'dreaming butterflies'.
All knowledge originates in the brains of individuals.

Each mind begins within itself to construct its world view and comes
later to the realization that other minds must exist, so that the
initial position of every mind must be solipsistic (Rollins 1967)

If knowledge is expressed in a private language within each mind,
how can it be shared and verified as being the same in each mind?

Rainer Maria Rilke (1982) described the way in which individuals
resonate together in his poem "Liebeslied":

                 Yet all that touches us, you and me,
                 takes us together like a violin bow,
                 that draws one voice from two strings.
                 On what instrument are we strung?
                 And which violinist has us in hand?
                 O sweet song.

0+002

Genghis Khan's first flag was simply white. Subsequently a black moon
was added.

Learning is that by which intentional structures stretch forth and
change themselves through self-organizing, chaotic dynamics. We infer
that neurohumoral mechanisms exist in mammals for unlearning by a
meltdown of intentional beliefs without loss of procedural and
declarative memories, which enables understanding between self
organizing brains by cooperative actions. We experience this as
falling in love.

... dissolved into laughter, they play.

Telemedicina is a distractive software program authored with
NATO.0+55. It performs a real-time two dimensional FFT on characters
or words entered via speech recognition, computer keyboard, sensors
or text harvested from the Internet.
The resultant visuals delineate the video-alphabet. Single letters
may be data.based as static images. Words or sentences may be
data.based as films (above examples) or static images. Likewise
paragraphs or stories may be data.based as films or static images.
Much as one can translate from one language to one other via software
programs it may be desirable to translate from one video-alphabet to
one other.

Were one to learn a video-alphabet would one then locate sentences,
per chance stories, on ceilings, windows, just as now one locates
shapes reminiscent of real-life or imaginary data?
Would one be able to read a garden, a plant, a tree's bark? If so,
would our maps change?
Would one's 'own' skin become the domain of stories within stories? (read me?)
Would anyone prefer a video-alphabet to the state prescribed one?
Would humans 'speak' in video-sentences? Would they communicate
differently? In what ways? Would new languages evolve? Would a
video-language differ from sign language?

I have always liked to dance but had no reason to. Now I see that
dancing with you is a quintessential means to bridge the asolipsistic
gulf.
I can extend my mental fingers and in turn be touched by mental
processes in your mind. I conclude that philosophers and physicists
may not comprehend brains until they follow Nietzsche in learning to
dance.

... lets dance.