Terrence Kosick on Sun, 29 Apr 2001 07:42:19 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: "Give it a chance!"

Terrence writes;

While Brad Brace riles against the system gets the attention what has been
championed by myself and a very few act-up artists on this list is how a
model of a lively ongoing plenipotent communication art might be rendered
dysfunctional by an intervening or mediating agency. Various actions here
seem to be outside the virietal of older models of delivery consumption of
art objects. I recall brad excitedly reposting a communication he got from
a club owner who projected brads images at his industrial dance club. He
seems less sociopathic then the silences that seem to some eerily out of
place on a list of a communication art world. The idea of modern art is
being handily scooped up by by a few of us whose active presence is a
fugitive immediacy, the ultra form the alt art of communication.  The
ultimate arbiter of the constitution of net art is not with Rhizome or any
institution critic or interviewer or some net art star's champion. This
manner is so incredibly culturally primitive as the shaking of a handful of
shinny pebbles.  Each just as inert as the other and only as noisy and as
recognizable as long as the hands that shakes them and holds them aloft.

artnatural +  try to snatch the pebble from my hand