integer on 20 Apr 2001 03:40:41 -0000

[Nettime-bold] da

thanks to josephine bosma nn will donate $10000 to the thing.ny

Nmherman@aol.com typed

>Re: A great reason to say fuck Bosma and fuck the Thing.
Incroyable.

>++
>
>This is truly an incredible post to nettime.  Nettime censors everyone like
>me or that likes me or is me.  They censor us in the spring and summer,
>morning and night, period.  I doubt if anyone in the world could get a post
>about Genius 2000 mentioned on nettime.  Also, The Thing owns nettime.  So
>you get a post from Bosma, the foremost interviewer of interartists who like
>the Thing, sending a plea as if from the barricades to donate money to her
>clique of prejudicial NYC fakes.  Her citing of Eno is offensive to a man of
>my caliber, as if I could be swayed by some old electronic music guy telling
>me what the internet is and who I am and how much I need the Thing to save
>the great works of art made in the last five years by the Thing's favored
>webmen:  Cary Peppermint (their ace reliever); GH "no discussion of Genius
>2000 on Thingist by anyone" and writer of sickening shit like Eryk alludes to
>often in his poems.  Bosma has of course declared Eryk to be brain dead or
>"instinctual," very similar to the "instinctual" Brad Brace.  Both Eryk and
>Brad have proven to be conundrums for the Thing, because they don't live in
>NYC so can't be bribed by party invititations and associate with known
>cultural polluter Max Herman.  Bosma wrote them their goodbye after Brad
>drove her interview into the proverbial "dogshitpile."
>
>So read this.  Imagine how you'd feel if you were in my shoes.  And remember,
>The Thing is a business hoping to make money.  Its hangers-on are merely
>there for the money and maybe the parties.  They can't be there because of
>the vital intellectual exchanges, that would be absurd beyond even Bush-era
>American norms.
>
>A great reason to say fuck Bosma and fuck the Thing:  the prose you will soon
>see.
>
>Max Herman
>(scroll down to see Josephine's stomach-turning letter filled with alarming
>phrases and epithets like "new kids on the block.")
>The Genius 2000 Network
>http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/yellow.JPG
>
>(PS--George Gordon once said of his saucy Juan scribings "confess you dog and
>be candid, is it not life, is it not the thing?"  If Juan means anything to
>you at all or ever could, let not tired former punks sully the potential
>greatness of the oppressed and oppressive peoples of the United States of
>America.  We got many problems already don't add complete cutural fiasco.  If
>you try I will prevent you.)

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova@eusocial.com
                                    http://www.eusocial.com
                                  http://www.biohakc.com
                                http://www.ggttctttat.com/!