Nmherman on 20 Apr 2001 03:30:11 -0000

[Nettime-bold] A great reason to say fuck Bosma and fuck the Thing. Incroyable.

++

This is truly an incredible post to nettime.  Nettime censors everyone like
me or that likes me or is me.  They censor us in the spring and summer,
morning and night, period.  I doubt if anyone in the world could get a post
about Genius 2000 mentioned on nettime.  Also, The Thing owns nettime.  So
you get a post from Bosma, the foremost interviewer of interartists who like
the Thing, sending a plea as if from the barricades to donate money to her
clique of prejudicial NYC fakes.  Her citing of Eno is offensive to a man of
my caliber, as if I could be swayed by some old electronic music guy telling
me what the internet is and who I am and how much I need the Thing to save
the great works of art made in the last five years by the Thing's favored
webmen:  Cary Peppermint (their ace reliever); GH "no discussion of Genius
2000 on Thingist by anyone" and writer of sickening shit like Eryk alludes to
often in his poems.  Bosma has of course declared Eryk to be brain dead or
"instinctual," very similar to the "instinctual" Brad Brace.  Both Eryk and
Brad have proven to be conundrums for the Thing, because they don't live in
NYC so can't be bribed by party invititations and associate with known
cultural polluter Max Herman.  Bosma wrote them their goodbye after Brad
drove her interview into the proverbial "dogshitpile."

So read this.  Imagine how you'd feel if you were in my shoes.  And remember,
The Thing is a business hoping to make money.  Its hangers-on are merely
there for the money and maybe the parties.  They can't be there because of
the vital intellectual exchanges, that would be absurd beyond even Bush-era
American norms.

A great reason to say fuck Bosma and fuck the Thing:  the prose you will soon
see.

Max Herman
(scroll down to see Josephine's stomach-turning letter filled with alarming
phrases and epithets like "new kids on the block.")
The Genius 2000 Network
http://www.geocities.com/genius-2000/yellow.JPG

(PS--George Gordon once said of his saucy Juan scribings "confess you dog and
be candid, is it not life, is it not the thing?"  If Juan means anything to
you at all or ever could, let not tired former punks sully the potential
greatness of the oppressed and oppressive peoples of the United States of
America.  We got many problems already don't add complete cutural fiasco.  If
you try I will prevent you.)

Subj:    <nettime> support The Thing !!