David Irving on 17 Apr 2001 16:17:27 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> disposal of surplus buddhas

It's probably a lot better (from _any_ perspective) than nearly everything
else the Taliban does (treatment of women, anyone who disagrees with them,
etc). But what else can you expect from a bunch of ignorant fundamentalist
thugs? And at least destroying the buddha statues took their attention away
from the people of Afghanistan briefly.

Regards,
David