tank.tv press on Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:45:01 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> www.tank.tv: Now Showing Jean-Charles Hue, until November 3rd.

.
Dear Friends,

Please find information below regarding the new exhibition on www.tank.tv from Jean-Charles Hue.
For more details or images relating to the exhibition please contact press@tank.tv

Kind Regards

Caroline

tank.tv

Now Showing: Jean-Charles Hue
14th October - 3rd November 2009

"(The) world of travellers enables me to develop several themes recurrent in my work: belief, crooks, popular and invented speech, music and people who have a certain bent for fantasy". Jean-Charles Hue

Oscillating between fiction and documentary Hue's focus on the Hispanic and French Gypsy communities captures difficult moments and unsettling characters. Rather than falling into the traditional trap of artist as ethnographer Hue's concentration on visual texture and his own gypsy heritage forces the viewer into a state of moral hesitation.

Jean-Charles Hue, a free online exhibition from 14th October to 3rd November 2009 at www.tank.tv, is part of tank.tv's 2009 Solo Show Programme.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

tank.tv
2nd Floor
Princess House
50 - 60 Eastcastle Street
London
W1W 8EA

press@tank.tv
T: +44 (0)207323 3475
F: +44 (0)207631 4280

http://www.tank.tv

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now showing:
Jean-Charles Hue
14th October - 3rd November 2009

Fresh Moves - Out now! Order your copy on www.tank.tv

"A significant archive of creative practices in the early years of twenty-first century England"
Tyler Coburn, Tomorrow Unlimited

---

tank.tv is an inspirational showcase for innovative work in film and
video. Dedicated to exhibiting and promoting emerging and established
international artists, www.tank.tv acts as a major online gallery and
archive for video art. A platform for contemporary moving images.