|Monica on Thu, 20 Mar 2008 03:55:05 +0100 (CET)|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|<nettime-ann> Call for Artist in Residence Programme 2008 at LABoral Centro de Arte y Creacion Industrial|
Call for Artist in Residence Programme 2008 at LABoral Centro de Arte y Creacion Industrial
LABoral Centro de Arte y Creacion Industrial is calling for proposals from artists to develop a research and production project at LABoral for two months during 2008.
LABoral Centro de Arte
y Creacion Industrial is an interdisciplinary art centre created in
As part of its educational programme LABoral is establishing a new programme of residency offered to artists and creators who are interested in developing research or production within this context.
The objectives of the call for artists in residence are:
- to stimulate dialogue with practitioners within the areas of interest of the centre
- to facilitate research and production projects at LABoral within the Asturian region context
- to investigate the broad possibilities of the convergence of art, science, technology and industrial creation
The call is open to artists interested in the convergent areas of art, science and technology. It is especially offered to creators who are researching notions of knowledge dissemination through the exploration of emergent practices in art, as part of a general trend towards development of hybrid formats and media.
LABoral Centro de Arte y Creacion Industrial will support one artist in residence for two months which must be completed before January 2009. LABoral can offer financial and technical support as follows:
- Travel costs consisting of return airfare from the artists’ country of residency
- Apartment accommodation for the duration of the residency
- A monthly allowance of 1,500 euros (before taxes)
- Work studio at the art centre, as well as equipment and expertise to support the project
The artist in residence will have the opportunity and will be encouraged to participate in activities such as lectures and workshops during the course of the residency.
The submitted proposals must include a description of the project, objectives, a calendar of activity, biography and CV of the artist, as well as a description of how the project relates to LABoral. This material should not exceed 6 pages. The proposals must be sent by email.
The submission will be reviewed by a committee of experts from LABoral.
- Deadline for applications: 30th May 2008
- Communication of selected artist: 20nd June 2008
- The residency must be completed before January 2009
Contact email for queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LABoral Centre of Art and Industrial Creation
_______________________________________________ nettime-ann mailing list email@example.com http://www.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-ann