Mason Dixon on Sat, 16 Jun 2007 01:34:07 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: alt.SPACE Festival 2007

.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ola Stahl <ostahl@ccred.org>
Date: June 15, 2007 7:47:13 AM CDT
To: ola@altspace.info
Subject: alt.SPACE Festival 2007

alt.SPACE Network of Artist Research Groups > alt.SPACE Festival 2007
The Radical & The Revolutionary

It is time for the third annual alt.SPACE Festival. This time it will take the form of a month-long peripatetic symposium, criss- crossing the urban wilderness that is London in a variety of ways, through a variety of means and involving a variety of events and activities ranging from dinner parties, picnics and informal walks, to project presentations and discussions, to more theoretical papers and a concluding 24 consecutive hour long conference.

The overall theme this year is the Radical and the Revolutionary. What is the validity and usefulness of these concepts in terms of contemporary, and future, forms of politically engaged cultural practice? Can they be reclaimed, rendered affirmative and dissentious tools, and if so, how? What kind of histories can we access and how do we access them? What strategies are ours to employ? What forms of linkages and connections, what kinds of networks and collaboration? This year the overall theme will be engaged with from four perspectives each of which involved its own set of events and activities: Sound, Cartography, Illegality, and Dissemination. Please see program below and our brand new website: www.altspace.info for further details.

This year also sees the launch of alt.SPACE Radio - our IT-radio station which will broadcast much of the festival and many other forthcoming alt.SPACE events. Additionally, the festival celebrates the very first issue of our journal: alt.SPACE hardCOPY. Please see www.altspace.info for further details.

Come join us. All events are free of charge. Everyone is welcome. For some events we ask you to let us know beforehand, particularly those that involve public space meetings or preparatory readings or discussions. It's all very informal and convivial. We look forward to seeing you. If you have received this directly from the alt.SPACE Network you will receive updates as of the specific events of the festival: specific speakers, presentations and other details will be announced week-by-week. If you did not receive this email directly from us but wishes to continue to receive these updates, please feel free to join our mailing list. Simply visit www.altspace.info and follow links for 'workspace' and then 'mailing lists' for directions. If, on the other hand, you do not wish to receive these emails, simply respond to this email putting the word 'unsubscribe' in its title, and that will be it.

We very much look forward to the festival & hope to see you all in July.

Best wishes -

The alt.SPACE Network
coregroup@altspace.info