lynx--- via nettime-l on Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:27:44 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Exclude Big Tech from Internet's policy-making

Just heard that the tobacco industry is denied participation to the
World Health Organisation's meetings on fighting smoking diseases.

Just learned that it is now being discussed to exclude the oil and
fossil consumption industries from UN climate summits, to avoid toxic
lobby interests eliminating the little chances left of saving human
existence on planet Earth.

Makes sense that UN Internet Governance gatherings should take place
without those who cause the large majority of issues we have with the
Internet - in order to allow for more reasoned and profound discourse
and regulatory measures on a global scale instead of depending entirely
on the European Commission (and maybe a bit of State of California).

The idea of talking and mingling with the industries that create the
problems in the first place has proven phallic, no wait I mean fallacious.

Cheers.