David 0pp via nettime-l on Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:08:22 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> silence on Palestine?

seeing the weapons support israel is getting from the so called west, being
stuck in germany for a few days & hearing other point of views, i've been
thinking about the title, feeling that it did not get the attention it
deserved;

my new german friends explained that they cannot be pointing a finger
towards israel [as the actions carried out in germany dont allow] they feel
shameful to have any criticism, for the rest its more of a tactical move,
we need a good friend in the middle east & if we say palestine they shake
their head in dismissal - the palestinians have become nobody's problem,
all nations have bigger problems [except israel] but for israel these are
also the work force, all roads, buildings & cheap hard labour is carried
out by non- citizens, people who fled warzones in africa [here labeled as
work-seekers], imported from thailand or the philippines & the arabs from
the west bank. no rights, low pay & good hard work
maybe that's why there is silence on palestine