Daniel Brandes via nettime-l on Tue, 10 Oct 2023 18:58:51 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> silence on Palestine?

> Am 08.10.2023 um 17:35 schrieb Andrew Ross via nettime-l <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>:
>
> At this moment, as on many past occasions, I have been struck by the
> silence, on this list, about the topic of Palestine. I expect there are
> quite a few nettimers who fit the profile of "progressive except on
> Palestine," but there are surely many others who do not observe that
> exception and who are otherwise outspoken on the topic. So why the silence?

Maybe because most of us lack the creativity to construct such a thematic nexus ;) i.e. 'wrong subreddit mate', in this case both list and subject/thread. I wish I was being pedantic, but discipline on digital hygiene simply is customary ethos today, especially if you rely on low-maintenance moderation. And this 'maybe' may be just me, but this medium cannot do any subject's gravity justice. But now it’s out on our eternal server, with mostly expectable perspectives, and we have to react.

> Am 09.10.2023 um 03:48 schrieb Heiko Recktenwald via nettime-l <nettime-l@lists.nettime.org>:
>
> Hamas has a lot of good reasons for "resistance" but I dont think hunting civilians is a good idea. All very difficult. In a perfect world Hamas would sit in the Knesset and discuss problems with the other parties of Great Israel or however such a state would be called.

So being assimilated into globalized capitalism's liberal democratic theatre is an ideal outcome for the conquered? What makes you think that would make them equals? Corrupting indigenous elites, creating a comprador bourgeoisie, is our easiest game plan.