Thomas Gramstad on Sat, 13 May 2023 17:52:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> closing nettime-l, uh?

Hello,

Another long-time lurker here, and I totally agree with Annette.

I would like to add the following points:

1) "10 days without new list mail"

Uh, that's a really great thing.

That's the normal pattern for mailing lists: You write and
discuss when you have something to say. When not you think,
or take a break doing something else.

The need for a constant chatterbox is a disease born out of
social synchronous media.

The absence of that disease is one of the great blessings of
*A*synchronous "social media", like mailing lists and e-mail
in general.

2) Channels that are independent of Big Corporates should be
encouraged, supported and kept alive, not closed down.

3) If technical infrastructure is a problem, nettime-l is
welcome to stay at one of my Mailman installations (owned
by various local computer associations), where I already
manage somewhere north of 35-40 other mailing lists.

I think somebody else offered the same, and that is fine.
If that doesn't happen for some reason, I offer the same.

If nettime moves to my Mailman-server, I'll assist with the
technical stuff, but somebody else should manage the actual
list contents, like conflict resolution between members,
moderation (if applicable) and so on. That or those somebody
can be anywhere in the world.

Thomas Gramstad
thomas@gramstad.no / thomas.gramstad@ub.uio.no