Andreas Broeckmann on Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:53:25 +0200

Syndicate: London - New Media Conferen

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:57:08 +0200
From: "Michael Clarke" <digitalmedia21@hotmail.com>

Dear Colleague

New Media: Working Practices in the Electronic Arts
LSE, London, November 12th, 13th and 14th 1999
www.lse.ac.uk/depts/gender/newmedia

I am writing to invite you to the above conference, which is being organised
and hosted by the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
this Autumn in the center of London, UK. You are invited by the project
Steering Committee, if you are unable to attend you may wish to pass these
details to a colleague.

Earlier this year, the  LSE were awarded funding by the European Commission
(DGV) to lead a project on working practices in the electronic arts/media,
with collaboration from four other European partner organisations based in
Germany,Ireland, France and the Netherlands.

We are currently conducting research (which you may already have been part
of) about the working lives and experiences of artists and designers in six
European countries, the results of will be published on the web site below
at the end of October as a prelude to the  conference.

The conference promises to be an important and high profile event which will
place questions about new digital media on the political agenda. The event
will welcome policy makers, academics, artists and arts organisations.

On a practical level, there will be no charge for your attendance at this
event which will also include a reception dinner on the Friday evening at
the invitation of the event organisers.

For more information and to register for your free place go to
http://www.lse.ac.uk/depts/gender/newmedia

As always places are limited and you should register before 31 October to be
guaranteed a place.

Yours sincerely
Michael Clarke
Event Management

If you have already responded to my earlier invitation then please ignore
this message.