Arthur Bueno on Fri, 03 Sep 1999 23:36:49 +0200

Syndicate: Media Non Grata

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:20:05 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Media Non Grata

offline@online media art festival 2nd edition

under the subtitle ................. Media Non Grata

Tallinn
November 24-25, 1999
E-Media Center, Estonian Academy of Arts
Deadline: September 30th, 1999

Festival is dedicated to the co-existence and contradictions between high
and low, costly and inexpensive technologies in art.

Festival is open for artistic production in categories:

Digital Art

Media art of digital origin: artists CD-ROMs, net-projects, video art, and
installations.

Media Non Grata

In counterbalance to digital part will be made a section of poor media
art, to present
low-tech media, electronic art created with the cheapest possible
technology: videos,
objects, installations.

Title of the event "Media Non Grata" is reflecting the situation of
digital art in Estonia,
which has not found its respect and understanding. Digital artists are
kind of non-grata-persons, unacceptable for establishment. During the
festival there will be published a catalogue, which is open for texts on
status of digital art and artists in changing society, low-technological
art in high-tech era, independence/dependency of artistic message from
cheapness/expensiveness of used means.

Note: artists should make all physical work or financial arrangements for
objects or installations. Festival will provide artists with computers,
space in server, screenings place, halls of Estonian Academy of Arts for
installations and presentations.

Parallele events

- NYYD - International Contemporary Music Festival, Tallinn, November 23 -
29

- INTERSTANDING 3. BEYOND THE EDGE. Escaping from Marginality. Conference,
26th and 27th November; EXHIBITION 26. Nov. - 12.Dec. 1999

ENTRY FORM

We request
(1) that you copy the form into a text editor or
(2) print from browser and fill in typewritten or in block-writing.
(3) For online works it is enough to send entries by e-mail.

ONE FORM PER ENTRY

Title:
Director, Author:
Year of production:
Running time:
Country of production:
Editing:
Photography, Programming, Animation:
Music, Sound:
Actors:
Producer:

Brief synopsis:

Author's personal data:

Artists name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Country:
Phone:
Fax:
e-mail:
website:

Technical Data:

_ Color _B&W _Both
_Silent _Stereo _Mono

Format submitted:

_Betacam SP _VHS
CD-ROM, MO platform: _PC _Mac

We accept videos only on PAL-system tapes.

Internet:

Please enclose:

- photos or slides from the work FOR PUBLICITY & CATALOGUE PURPOSES
- CV of the author

Additional Notes:

I agree
- that excerpts from my works could be included in TV reports
yes         no
- that my entry (or documentation) may be made accessible via network
yes         no

Date, Signature

offline@online media art festival 2nd edition
under the subtitle ................. Media Non Grata
DEADLINE ENTRIES 30 SEPTEMBER 1999
FESTIVAL DATES 24-25 NOVEMBER 1999

Please send your entry to:
E-Media Center