JSalloum on Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:59:24 EDT

Syndicate: project/visi

please excuse multiple postings, let me know to be removed from list:

Hi,

My name is Jayce Salloum I am media artist, cultural worker, sometimes
lecturer etc.
I am planning to come to Yugoslavia and the former republics in November,
specifically I'd like to try to go into Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia
Hercegovina, Vojvodina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, and Albania to
videotape conversations and sites for a piece I am working on about
borders/nationalisms/movement and subjectivities. Much of my work in the past
few years (in video, installation, photography and text) has focused on the
representation of the middle east and it's relationship with the west, this
new project extends my interest in deconstructing history or representations
from the ground up and working with current realities and accounts of
experience in a way that respects and is immersed in the complexities of
contemporary culture.

If you have any contacts in these areas or know anyone who might be
interested in being recorded for this project or just comments/ideas please
let me know. I would be pleased to provide you with further information on my
work if needed.

Thank you very much.
Any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely,