Goethe-Institut Turin on Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:48:33 +0200

Syndicate: Vietnam, Iraq and Kossovo wars: a reques

Info request: documentaries about ecological consequences of Vietnam, Iraq
and Kossovo wars.

The Film Festival Cinemambiente, a festival devoted to films dealing with
ecological issues, which will take place for the third year in Turin, Italy,
from 22th to 26th of October 1999, will include a program of films and
videos showing the ecological effects of the war, taking as examples the
Vietnam War, the Gulf War and the latest  Kossovo War. These three examples
have been chosen because they also represent crucial steps in both the
development of the USA's war/political strategy, as well as in their
mediatic representation/legitimation of the war. We are not going to include
Hiroshima and Nagasaki only because these cases have already been considered
in depth in the first edition of the Festival, which took place on the 10th
anniversary of the Tschernobyl disaster. The festival had been entirely
devoted to films focusing on nuclear energy - and it's consequences.

For what concerns the Gulf War we have already found interesting
documentaries about the 'Gulf Syndrome'. In regard of Vietnam we are looking
for some documentaries showing the current situation in Vietnam and
depicting the long term effects of those bombings on the environment and the
people. Prefereably these would be production shot during the ninieties or
eighties. For obviuos reasons we have also not yet found any material about
the latest bombing in the Balcan area.

We would be extremely grateful for every information or hints you can give
us to find video or film material regarding the above mentioned issues.

Please contact us at the following address and e-mail:

Festival Internazionale CinemAmbiente
Att. Gaetano Capizzi
Via Vicenza 29, 10144 Torino
Italy
cinemambiente@arpnet.it
http://www.arpnet.it/pervis
tel. +39011437 9086, fax +39011473 4608.

With many thanks in advance and best regards,

Marco Farano