Andreas Broeckmann on Thu, 20 May 1999 13:40:25 +0100

Re: Syndicate: the wind changes, at least in Italy

snafu asked:
>moreover different voices say that Milosevic has more and more problem to
>control the internal opposition to the war... (somebody has any direct or
>indirect information about it?)...

on german television last night they mentioned that there were now growing
demonstrations, esp. in the south of yugoslavia, of people protesting
against the serb campaign in kosovo. it was pointed out that these were not
pro-nato or anti-milosevic demonstrations, and not even demonstrations in
solidarity with the kosovo-albanians, but that they were more in the
'mothers say: bring our boys home'-style.

the oppositional serb democratic party leader djindjic was on the phone
from montenegro on Bayerischer Rundfunk saying that there was a more
organised protest against the war and against the worsening civil situation
in serbia now, esp. in cities run by opposition administrations.

my guess is that slobo, the angel of peace, will make them moderately happy
soon by declaring victory over nato and giving in, letting the
reconstruction forces of EU companies start their campaign of rebridging,
reautobahning and reelectrifying the balkans. selling serbia by the pound.

-a