anne-gaelle balpe on Wed, 12 May 1999 10:16:06 +0200

RHIZOME_RAW: late answer to rhizome digest 4.30.99

Hi there,

I know I'm being late, but I just read your debate about this web site :
http://www.sfmoma.org/EXHIB/scher/map.htm
I read that it is "too heavy, too slow, etc." and I can understand
people being pissed of with all this loss of time. But, these same
people would certainly wait an hour in a line to visit the Louvre of
Paris or the Uffizzi  of Florence.
But most of all, I'm tired of hearing people critisizing web art with
technical point of view. I read : "I'd have more respect for her if she
slaved over her own javascript"...please !!! I didn't see the site yet,
but if it's absolutely not interesting from an esthetic point of view,
that's okay for me. I do not think we should look at the code first !
Let me ask : in "web art", is there really the word "art" or is my brain
misfunctionning ?

anne-gaelle balpe

+
+