Slobodan Markovic on Mon, 3 May 1999 19:48:16 +0200

Syndicate: How far?

    In the part three years I've been collecting stupid quotes of Serbian
    politicians on my personal home page (http://solair.eunet.yu/~twiddle).
    I thought that "we (people in Serbia) must 'clean our yard' first".
    Unfortunately, today, stupid poilticians of the West are endangering
    our lives, so their statements cannot be ignored.

    Here's a short list of things I will put on my personal site soon.
    Right next to Milosevic, Seselj and Arkan...

    The arsenals of democracy are deep. We are not anywhere near running
    out. We can fight this for months and months, if not years.

    -- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Harry Shelton

    Historically (?!?), the weather is better in May than in April,
    better in June than in May, better in July than in June.

    -- U.S. President Bill Clinton on Thursday signaled that the
       airstrikes on Yugoslavia could extend well into the summer.

    NATO had destroyed the last remaining bridge over the Danube in the
    city of Novi Sad (more than 500km/300miles from Kosovo): Kosovo is
    becoming even more isolated from Serbia.

    -- Jamie Shea, NATO spokesman

    Bombardment of Yugoslavia is an attempt to defend moral values 21st
    century Europe would cherish.

    -- Xavier Solana

    We do know that we must do more to reach out to our children and
    teach them to express their anger and to resolve their conflicts
    with words, not weapons.

    -- Bill Clinton

    He dropped his bomb in good faith, as you would expect of a trained
    pilot from a democratic country.

    -- NATO official, explaining bombing of a refugee convoy.

    The train was on or near the bridge, but it was not the target!

    -- NATO official, explaining bombing of a passanger train.

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/east/