Olga Shishko on Wed, 12 May 1999 15:45:45 +0400

Syndicate: Festival "Trash-art"

Dear friends,
Welcome to festival " Trash-Art" http://www.da-da-net.ru/TrashArt
International Art Festival "-T-r-a-s-h - a-r-t-" within the
frame of "D a - D a - N e t
" Festival)
Organizer - MediaArtLab (sorry,
only russian version) of SCCA,
Moscow Working language of the Festival -
English
Deadline ------------ 10th of May
Trash - crash of user logicTrash - failure of image creatingTrash -
as fashion, style, freedomTrash - cracked art - isn't to be identified, is
unexpected by society, critics, doesn't conform to the demands, wishes,
logic

Nominations or ideological classification of art projects:

    Ecological Project .
    In this category the projects have to present effective strategies of
    utilisation of cultural trash. The artists are supposed to explain and
    justify their idea of "cultural trash" as well as utility of the
    proposed "recycling techniques".

    Anarchistic Project
    The projects are to be directed at the destruction of common stereotypes
    and logic of presentation of images, symbols, ideas, theories, propaganda,
    manuals, documents, etc. We wellcome everything that is opposed to
    expediency, constructiveness, social benefit, economic profit,
    power/political responsibility, common pragmatismâ?¦
    Radical Conformist Project
Communicability, interactivity, openness, transparency are to be both the
goals and strategies of the projects. Their authors have to be concerned with
assimilation of certain environment, social context or resources. The ideology
of their activity is to be determined by the search for the most efficient and
witty ways of interaction with the audience, other artists, power. It is
navigation through the trash.
Authors should register their projects themselves clicking "add my
projects" and filling in the form. Then project automatically will be put
in the list.At the main page http://www.da-da-net.ru/TrashArt/ there is the
exhibition which should been collected by juries from projects registered in the
"projects list". For to do it you need to click "my own
collection" and enter the password "pi" as Name and as Login.
This password is known only to juries, curators, and programmer. Please, just
add art works to those already placed in trash-containers not removing anyone.
Give your comments, critics, and thoughts of projects and the festival in the
"discussion".Every visitor can do the same thing, but his own
collection will be saved under his Login and it could be accessible to others in
the case he announces it and gives his Name through "discussion". If
he lets others know his Login, one can enter his collection and change
it.We are waiting for your projects,)):\:(((
Trash(ist)