wam kat on Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:01:48 +0100

Syndicate: Balkan Sunflower Update 7

from: wam kat <wam@mir.org>

BALKAN SUNFLOWERS UPDATE 7 (April 22)
A network for grassroot relief and reconciliation work
for the Balkans.
latest news and original SUNFLOWER plan:
http://www.ddh.nl/org/balkansunflower

Balkan Sunflowers
c/o postfach 1219, D-14806 Belzig
+ 49 33841 30670  (30671 fax)
wam@mir.org
applications: steffie@mir.org
info: lists@mir.org
Account: SUNFLOWER Accountnr 160 160 1
Bank Oekobank Frankfurt (Germany)
BLZ 500 901 00

INTRO
------
After this European Balkan Sunflower preparation meeting weekend I
travelled home and was looking at the german landscape, the magazins
I bought for the trip all had stories from Kosov@ and refugees. The
one even worst as the other. I looked out the window and thought,
5 or so years ago Al Gore said about me and my diary, that that
were things government can't do, but people can, and that that is
the hope for the future. Can somebody tell this person that I am
back on the net, and that the net is full of sunflowers. Can't he
organise
that the USA government in comparance what the war is costing the
USA at this
already, is the amount we need to do "our kind of work" less than
peanuts. So maybe somebody should really inform him about us.
He already knows me, it seems in his speech:-)
At this time we are writing new Internet history, we, all together.
I hope we can hang in there together. Let the Sunflowers blossom
again !
And thanks to the people, who are now still running SuncoKret in
Croatia
for their nice mail of support and there willingness to help also
refugees
in Macedonia and Albania, allthough they have still a lot of work
with
the refugees from the last war in this area. I am very afraid that
it will
take some more years, so we have to use our energy well. As Vanja
said
small steps also make a big step in the future.

FIRST EUROPEAN PREPARATION MEETING
-------------------------------------

More information and addresses of SCI and CCIVS you can find under:
http://ines.gn.apc.org/ines/sci/

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Thanks to the help of a lot of people we have gather almost all the
technical information like visas, medical preparation, insurrance,
transportation, languages courses, etc., by now you will be finding
it on our website.

A SIT(uation) REP(ort) from Albania