Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:58:17 +0100

Syndicate: (fwd) Mihajlo: WAR

From: "Mihajlo" [address cut; abroeck]
Subject: WAR
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:26:26 +0200

Friends
I have little time to type so I'll be brief. The  situation in Kosovo is
generally well known to people in Belgrade, except that I  still think a
lot more Albanians have been killed then reported. I have heard  >from a
verified source that the Trepca works are now being used to melt down
Albanian bodies (more dead than live ones) insted of ore.  The NATO hits in
downtown Belgrade have been very precise, but  that does not apply to most
attacks outside the downtown. The Yugoslav Army is  very mobile, especially
nights and has suffered few causualties to bombardment  except in the first
two nights. Most of the troops hide in highly populated  residential areas
in schools, kindergardens, parks, etc. I have heard reports  from Prishtina
that policemen were entering Albanian houses and shooting at  everthing
that moves, during the "ethnic cleansing" of the city. Most  of the common
people in Belgrade are being highly hipocritical, considering NATO  attacks
on Yugoslavia a bad thing , while at the same time, calling the  "enthnic
cleansing" (combination of genocide and forced eviction of  people from
their homes) of Kosovo Albanians a normal reaction of "US"  to "THEIR"
attacks. The most surprising thing to me was that many if  not most common
people who've had OK beliefs in the past are now readily  supporting "OUR"
fight aganst "THEIR" attacks. Fortuinately,  most of the previous Antiwar
Campaign activists and other peace activists aren't  doing the same,
although they are not doing much else either. NATO has once  again
demonstrated it's alliance whith Milosevic in destroying all democratic
forces in the region. Most peace and social activists in Belgrade live in
constant fear of mobilisation. The Gov. media (all media here which have
not  been closed down yet) have provided no information about the
mobilisation in  Macedonia except from official Macedonian sources until
the mobilisation boycot  started to give effects (when reservists refused
to go). The Yugoslav government  is systematically covering up true NATO
loses, vice-versa. I can't tell you  where I got this information, but be
sure that it is true. I fear that the Deal  between Milosevic and the USA
goes far further. I can only guess, but I believe  that this entire war has
already been agreed upon during one of  Milosevic-Holbrook meetings. We'll
never know... The supposed "humanitary  aid" from Russia actually consists
of airplane-parts to be assembled here  and ammo. I've also heard
unconfirmed reports of a weapons deal  whith  Ukraine being planned. there
is no more future in Yugoslavia for young people.  Whatever happens next,
I'm going to emmigrate and so will everyone whith a brain  here. The only
question is whether the cheap (economical slave) labour will be  used
solely by Milosevic and his Fascists or will he have to share them whith
the Transnational Corporations. The future is grim for Yugoslavia... If any
deserters need help I can arrange for their  accomodation and food in
Belgrade, but I can't do much else please, forward any  links you may have
for getting out of the country and where people could go. I  already have
some people who are hiding here and don't know where to go.   contact me
at:  [address cut; abroeck], Belgrade

Send all info you  get Peace member of "XXL Creative  Youth Group", ex
"Antiwar Campaign" activist,  "Resistance" activist... Mihajlo [second name
cut; abroeck]

 information and archive: http://www.v2.nl/east/