Andreas Broeckmann on Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:04:12 +0100

UPDATE 16.04., 9.00 - syn-bud 23-25 april

UPDATE 16.04., 9.00 (Participation/Schedule) - syn-bud 23-25 april

PARTICIPATION. As you can see below, there are now more than 20 people who
have confirmed participation in the Syndicate meeting in Budapest next
week. No doubt, more will show up, and if you need support with travel
costs (through the APEX grant we got) or accommodation, please, get in
touch as soon as possible.

THEMES. Some of the themes for discussion are listed below, others have
been mentioned by people in off-list messages. It would be good if people
could post to the list what they want to talk about, so that we can plan
the meeting well.

SCHEDULE. Info about locations and other general stuff will follow in the
next days. I assume that, beside informal talks with those people who
arrive early, we will first meet as a group at C3 on Friday 23rd, at around
15.00, and go for dinner together that night. For Saturday we should make a
good schedule, it'll be the main day of the meeting. On Sunday, people will
start leaving from around mid-day, so we should have a farewell
get-together somewhere, maybe for a long breakfast.

*CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS (dates are of arrival and departure;
accommodation&travel info)

- Inke Arns (22-25; travel and acc.?)
- Zvonimir Bakotin (?; APEX)
- Kit Blake (22-25; needs any kind of acc., can be cheap hotel; train from
Rotterdam, arr. Thu 13:03 Bp Kel, dept. Su)
- Arthur Bueno (23-25; needs free acc.; train from Rotterdam, arr. Fr
13.03, dept. Su; APEX)
- Andreas Broeckmann (22-25; needs any kind of acc., can be cheap hotel;
train from Berlin, arr. Thu 19.19 Bp Kel., dept. Su 18.00; APEX)
- Nina Czegledy (Budapest)
- Adele Eisenstein (Budapest)
- Honor Harger (21 - 26; needs any kind of acc., can be cheap hotel)
- Eric Kluitenberg (23-25?; acc.?; flying from Amsterdam)
- Stephen Kovats (22-25; acc. OK; driving from Berlin; APEX)
- Diana McCarty (Budapest)
- Vesna Manojlovic (23-25; accommodation OK; flying from Sofia, not
entirely sure)
- Sarita Matijevic (Budapest)
- Iliyana Nedkova (23-25; accommodation OK; flying from London; APEX)
- Ana Peraica (23-25; needs cheap, pref. free acc.; train from Zagreb; APEX)
- Miklos Peternak (Budapest)
- Florian Schneider (?; driving from Munich)
- Janos Sugar (Budapest)
- Andrea Szekeres (Budapest)
- Karoly Toth (23-25; acc?)
- Herwig Turk (dates?, accommodation OK?; driving from Vienna)

*TRAVEL (please, contact these people directly)

- Florian Schneider, driving from Munich, 2-3 places (dates not fixed)
<fls@ibu.de>
- Herwig Turk, driving from Vienna, 2-3 places (23 noon-25 afternoon)
<turk@thing.at>
- Stephen Kovats, driving from Berlin/Dessau, 2-3 places (22 noon from
Dessau-25 noon) <intertwilight@compuserve.com>

*ACCOMMODATION (contact through Adele Eisenstein <adele@caesar.elte.hu>)

- Vesna Manojlovic may be able to find some acc for others if needed.
- Stephen Kovats can accommodate 1-2 people.

*THEMES

- what should be done at this point? (incl. campaigning, concrete
contingency planning for staying in touch)
- the syndicate at war
- the long-term future of deep europe
- deep europe/border camp (Florian Schneider)
- digital nomadism - becoming refugee - is this 'home'? (Ana Peraica)