Metafort - Anne Marie Morice on Thu, 08 Apr 1999 19:35:56 +0000

Re: Syndicate: B92 ????

i really can't get, guys, what you're talking about when you're talking
about the B92 help.

you have some money to spend on serbs/albanians? rent the campus rooms for
the refugees on the borders then! do you know the central clinic of Belgrade
is forced to depart the clients for to free the places for the new ones?
send them the medicine! at least, share the costs of  Novi Sad bridges'
reparation! do you want this radio to declare the eternal values of western
democracy over the ruins? (there's nothing to do with it, it's already
closed) or do you want to satisfy your ambitions of political experts who
know what are the liberty and the free press.

O.K.

the help must be EFFECTIVE !!!

> I hope that my B92 friends won't get me wrong, but I ask myself what use
> can we have here if Radio B92 continues to exist abroad (as a radio
> program, web site or something else) under the control of foreign
> institutions and their interests, especially those from NATO countries.
> Radio B92 gained its good image and popularity in the country since it
> represented an authentic voice of urban Serbia which means that it can
> exist in its proper manner only if its staff is based where it belongs

information: http://www.v2.nl/east/
mail archive: http://www.v2.nl/mail/v2east/current/

What use to go on thinking and acting with a critical mind (if it is the
definition of "Western democracy")? What worth more : Novi Sad's bridge or
the life of young children, are they "ethnic albanian" or not? Would I, as a
french, support that people from algerian origin be killed or deported in my
own country, with my complicity?
I hope I will never end to that.
I don't know if the NATO's bombing is the best solution, but I would have
like that serbians people make a living belt between fascist serbian-state
power and individuals persecuted because of their "ethnie"! You are attached
to your identity. Ok, but, you don't care, or dare, democracy, (that means
tolerance, alternance, discussion, etc.). That's the big problem and I
deeply regret that Europe cannot face this problem alone, without the US
interventio.

Anne-Marie Morice