marko peljhan on Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:31:52 +0100

Syndicate: acton plan no.1

to all synicalists and nettimers who can do something other than just
liberarly protest the attacks on the military and military related
installations in the FRY, i suggest the following for phase I:

1. write to your government that there is immediate need to accept
refugees from kosovo and the federal republic of yugoslavia and that
your country should work proactively in this respect
2. write to your government that they should accept army objectors as
political refugges from the FRY
3. stay in touch with all your contacts in the FRY and try to keep track
of them and their whereabouts
4. write to your government that there is an immediate need to
proactively intervene in kosovo itself on behalf of the civilian
population / i.e. granting refuge to them and helping with donations of
food and medicines - if this goes along with your personal ethics, press
for a ground operation lead by NATO and the UN in the SFOR form that
works for  Bosnia.
5. write to your government, that it is crucial that your government
sticks with the policy of attacking only military and military related
installations (for NATO country memebers) and keep clear of ANY civilian
targets

this is more for phase II.:
1. try to do everything you deem neccessary that the serbian war machine
in kosovo is stopped and that NATO air operations stop as soon as
possible. link this two issues! i feel this is the most important point
i can make.  now this is a hard one, but at the center of the problem we
are faced with. it seems that NATO is determined to go on until the
total destruction of the serb war machine. we also know, that air
strikes militarily will not do the job to the end. the problem being,
there is probably a large number of conscripts and civilians near the
targets and that people there will intiutively be anxious and will
identify with the fate of their country, their friends and family and
everything military and close to military slowly disintegrating in front
of them. i will not and cannot give advice to those in FRY in this
terrible position, my friends and others that i do not know, of what to
do. i cannot do that, i am not there. the only thing I can say is stay
clear of anything military and if they try to get you, run. because this
thing will and should end.
this is no time for libertarian talking about peace, we are faced with a
war here. different rules apply. especially for those in FRY that do not
support their regime and their life can be endangered because of their
views.   this war is not a small one, but the larger war operation in
Europe so far, after the second world war and seems that it is growing.
reports of the beefing up of nato troops in macedonia and of course the
reports of a total anti-civilian and anti kla war in kosovo from the
serb side, which seems to have escalated after the strikes in a familiar
pattern that we have learned in croatia and bosnia in the past.
also, NATO says and is repeating  that all it takes for the stopping of
operations is a phone call from Milosevic. he made this kind of calls in
the past, hopefully, he has a satellite phone for his use if air
operations go as planned... and when he makes this call, we will be in
new trouble of how to help the helpless in kosovo and the anti/regime
people in FRY. he will be weakened militarily, but not politically at
home. hope we will see the continuation of comm activities on all of our
lists when this hopefully happens.