lisa haskel on Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:09:41 +0000

Re: Syndicate: Radio Deep Europe - PLEASE CONTRIBUTE

Dear Adele, Dear All,

I agree absolutely that this information gathering is only one stage. If we
do not at least try to use the information to effect some real action on the
ground then we are indeed indulging ourselves a little too much.  Of course
there is much that needs help beyond b92.

But I think we are all feeling powerless right now and not sure how to be
strategic.

Whatever we achieve with the radio this evening can only be a first step
toward compiling and focusing  our information so that we can decide what to
do.

I think it would be very good to gather such news of real need and
suggestions of how to act, on whom we can exhert some pressure. We can
discuss these "live" and on the list. If this seems to work in some way then
we can make futher broadcasts for which we can raise greater mainstream media
and political awareness,  or issue news releases.  It seems to me that  "we"
are actually a bunch of people with a great many differences.  Recent
exchanges on the list have illustrated that.   But  we are here because we
share some value for human qualities and independent thinking. If we can
define a few common objectives that will be great and i think we will all be
able to be more confident in what we do.

Mailing lists are difficult places to reach consensus, especially quickly.  I
think we need concrete suggestions from people.  Then people need to express
stong agreement if they have it.

Meanwhile; i hope the personal reports also keep coming.  I think they really
do something, even if it is hard to know exactly what yet in the bigger
picture.

Best wishes to all Syndicalists,
Lisa

Radio Deep Europe streaming tonight: