lisa haskel on Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:21:02 +0000

Syndicate: Radio Deep Europe - PLEASE CONTRIBUTE

(please circulate this message)

Dear syndicalists, Dear xchange, dear all,

We are planning RADIO DEEP EUROPE  here in London.  Our intention
is to make our first netcast tomorrow night,  Saturday,  for around
1 hour, starting at 5pm  UK time, 6pm CET, from Backspace - a
small independent media lab here.

WE NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!! We know we won't change the world,
but we just want to show that there are stories and work going
on beyond nationalisms, NATO jingoism and the "Clobba
Slobba" headlines we have here.  And we could also use this to
start debate on the issues for the "international community",
in particular policies on refugees and asylum seekers.  This should
be a space for Deep European news and views.

In the Programme:

-personal reports and views from list, plus any additional
information sources we can find through our own networks.
-your audio contributions... you can upload sound files via the
web. Use: http://www.irational.org/tm/art_of_work/upload.html
OR: suggest to us what you would like to hear and we can try to find
it
- english-language news from b92.-Live or pre-recorded.
- material from Micz Flor's work at Public Netbase
- telephone conversations on 00 44 171 2340804. Email us if you would
like to do this.  We are trying to set up an automated message box -
more details on this will follow.

Rachel Baker will make a special edition of her personal news
service: PPP: re-versioned from the news media here
Lisa Haskel will compile the list postings and deep contributions.
Manu Luksch will  assemble texts  and sounds from other independent
media sources.
Toni Prug will correspond with Croatian connections

We particularly need to find out more about the independent
media situation in Kosovo iself so please point us to information
if you can.

We will compile the programme with live chat from Backspace, with
the participation and help also of friends and colleagues who are
here in London.   Please put any friends, particularly from the
whole ex-yugoslav and albanian diasporas who may in in London in
touch with us.  All will be welcome.

We hope you will want to contribute.  Texts and suggestions can
be emailed to me or to the Syndicate list.   We will post the
upload and live stream details again tomrrow. The programme will
be archived and accessible after the broadcast.

We are also issuing a press release about the b92 and other
independent medias campaign to the news media here.

Write... Record.. Listen...!!!

Lisa  Rachel  Manu

Upload site:  http://www.irational.org/tm/art_of_work/upload.html

Live stream on: http://rad.spc.org/deep.ram