NIKOS VITTIS on Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:22:39 +0200

Syndicate: Re: bombings

Dear Olga,

You probably missuderstood me. What I wrote is not a comment on the
neighbors but that we are under US control and nothing under these
countries decision. For example Macedonia now has a problem with the
refugees and there also possibilities that the Albanians who live in
Macedonia will eventually seek independence. Plus Serbs will might seek for
revenge. Especially after what President Clinton said About conflict
between Greece and Turkey is an indication on that matter. Plus he said
that there should be and link (the balkans) between Europe and Islam. It is
not that I have anything against Islam as a religion but what happened in
Iran, Afganistan and in other Muslim countries made me more sceptical.
If you think that what I said is offendive I am sorry, I didn't mean to. I
have a lot of friends from these countries. Some are also in this list. But
another think is the people and another is the policy of the countries and
their goals which is a game of power. If you want my personal view on
Milosevitz and Kosovo, I think that Milosevitz is a dictator and it is
proven by his acts and their is a lot of ethnicism in Serbia. But the UCK
are not angels either and it is difficult to judge what is really
happening, plus I think that because they want to force their policy in the
region the stability is in stake and it seems that in the talks the said in
plain words these are our proposals, Sign them.

I don't say that you have to agree but I don't accept the ironic message
about disliking the neighbors.
I personaly come from the Greek Macedonia. I grew up playing in the summer
from kids from Serbia and Macedonia.

Regards,
Nikos