katarina on Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:31:22 +0100 (CET)

Syndicate: B92 - home - B92

we where helping friends to put on the computer table (their new G3 arrived today)
when alarm sounds started. their child was still sleeping and we thought that is
only the try out (3 or 4 of them where today in Pristina).

already in the afternoon there shops where out of bread and big lines in front of
bakeries. after the  alarm sounds (around 8:30) people started getting out of the
buildings with necessary things. most of them are leaving town and a lot of them
just standing on the open - commenting the situation, quarreling? public transportation
hardly works, it's impossible to find a taxi. kid with basket ball, youngsters with audio
players, cans of bear - like any other evening in town are also part of the scenery.
telephone lines are overcrowded and out-Belgrade calls are impossible.

as we heard more than 20 targets all over Yugoslavia (Montenegro, Kosovo, suburbs of
Belgrade) where bombed. news are different...