Andreas Broeckmann on Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:45:30 +0100

Syndicate: +++ The Next 5 Minutes 3 +++ Newsflash +++

T h e   N e x t   F i v e   M i n u t e s   3

Tactical Media Event
March 12-14, 1999, Amsterdam/Rotterdam, NL
http://www.n5m.org

Newsflash

Contents
1. Debates mailinglist
2. City hostel offer
3. Registration now open
4. Last proposals for Tactical Autonomous Zone

---------
1. D e b a t e s   m a i l i n g l i s t

The Next 5 Minutes 3 editorial team has kicked off the discussions
about the tactical media-related topics on a public mailinglist.
Those who are seriously interested can join the editors, guests and
registered participants on the list.

Instructions for subscribing:

Send the following message to majordomo@waag.org

	subscribe N5M3-DEBATES-L
	end

The archive of the mailinglist can be found on the website
http://www.n5m.org under the heading 'discussion'.

2. C i t y   h o s t el   o f f e r

To facilitate low-budget travellers to the event, we reserved a limited
number of beds in City Hostel Vondelpark, a newly renovated
beautiful youth hostel only 5 minutes walking from the festival
venues, lokated in the funkiest park in Amsterdam, the Vondelpark,
near the filmmuseum. You will share a 4 to 8-person room with
other conference participants.

One deal:
- arrival Thursday 11 March
- departure Monday 15 March (4 nights)
- breakfast is included
- pay and check in at the festival desk in De Balie
- costs are dfl 160 (around 73 euro or 80 US$)
- and register asap (email to <hilde@waag.org> or use the
registration form on the website)

3.  R e g i s t r a t i o n   n o w   o p e n

Coming to the conference? Please let us know, it can help us
prepare things for you. The three-day festival pass is 65 guilders
(around 31 euro or 33 US$). This pass entitles you access to all
events. Food and accomodation are not included.

You can use the participant registration form on the website
http://www.n5m.org or email your details:
- full name
- organisation
- full address
- email
- url
- description of your activities or those of your organisation
- whether you want to book a youth hostel reservation through us
- whether this information above can be published in a public online
  list of participants

4. L a s t   p r o p o s a l s   f o r
    T a c t i c a l   A u t o n o m o u s   Z o n e

The TAZ, or Tactical Autonomous Zone, aka freezone or DIY-
space, enables particpants of the event to organise their own
workshop/debate/panel/screening/presentation/screening/conspirac
y. In a comfortable room for a max audience of 50, we set up some
basic facilities that you can use: a pc with high-speed
net.connection and a vhs-multiplayer, both connected to a decent
data/video projector. And a simple sound system.

You tell us:
- what you want to do (funky name and description)
- organisation name
- contact person and email
- tech facilities that you want to use
- how long you need
- preferred times

We:
- will filter out the proposals we don't like
  (but don't let this withhold your proposal please)
- will find a time slot for you (max. 45 minutes)
- will announce your presentation/etc. online and on paper

Further information and applications: email Joyce at
<info@n5m.org>

That's all for now.

Don't forget to keep checking our website, especially the
discussion section! http://www.n5m.org