Roberto Paci Dalo' on Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:51:39 +0100

Syndicate: (Xchange) LADA98 nov 7-8 webcastings

dragi prijatelji,
hi all,
salve a tutti,

we're planning a 48 hours non-stop webcasting in the frame of the 8th
edition of LADA 98 L'Arte dell'Ascolto on november 7 and 8. The annual

festival dedicated to media + radio explorations and focused on the
Mediterranean area.
I guess several of you know already the festival and its Radio Lada net

activities. You can check under http://giardini.sm/radio for information
about previous editions and under http://giardini.sm/lada98 for this year
project (daily updated). L'Arte dell'Ascolto means: 'the Art of Listening'.

This year the 'fil rouge' of the entire project is writer Predrag
Matvejevic' one of the most independent and critical writer of ex-Jugoslavia.
Matvejevic' will be in Rimini through the project and we'll create events
after his texts and with his presence and voice.
In the meantime we badly fell in this new Kosovo crisis just waiting for
NATO decisions. This of course is going to influence what will happen in
Rimini.

We would like to invite you to contribute to this event having different
realaudio streams to be mixed and used for live events in Rimini and in all
the places which are connected and interested.
Please, note that is interesting to focus on the topics of the festival in
order to develop deeper work which is going to be continued afterwards.
This could also help to concentrate (and enlarge at the same time) network
possibilities in relation, for instance, with text. Matvejevic' texts are
translated into several languages and we can also provide you with some of.

The title of the festival is "Listening to the Mediterranean". Master of
the Sardinian music Luigi Lai together with other fine musicians will be
present, ready to jam with realaudio streams and other artists.
Physical venue in Rimini will be the ground floor of a public building from
the beginning of the century located few hundred metres from the Adriatic Sea.
The space will be fully equipped with sound and videoprojection systems and a
permanent connection to/from the net.
Sound and video artists will create a permanent environment mixing all kind of
materials both from the net and the place here.
All direct links with participants will be organised in LADA homepage. Images
from webcameras will be also mixed and screened in Rimini in order to have a
dynamic visual environment created after all the places connected.

Everyone welcome to all the events! We will mix continuosly from the net and
re-webcast. Webcasting will happen non-stop from midnight november 6 to

midnight november 8.
Live radio broadcasting are scheduled with Radio Grenouille Marseille,

Radio Popolare Milano and hopefully with any other radio you would suggest.
We're working on the time-schedule but two major moments will be on saturday
and sunday evenings:

saturday, nov 7
	22.00 - 24.00 CET : Predrag Matvejevic' & Net Streams + local
artists in Rimini
	[ mainly related to text with the wish of having streams also from
Sarajevo,
	Belgrade, and Ljubljana ]
	24.00 - open end : Net Streams + Locals
	[ mainly related to dance floor in between electronica and
traditional musics ]

sunday, nov 8
	22.00 : Predrag Matvejevic' + Soundscapes from Mediterranean and
ex-Jugoslavia +
	Live Streams
	23.00 - 24.00 : Event supporting Audiobox. Live Streams and Locals
with the
	participation of Pinotto Fava and Pino Saulo among many
	24.00 - open end : Net Streams + Locals
	[ dance floor electronica and traditional musics ]

Any proposal is warmly welcomed! Check web site for more specific information
http://giardini.sm/lada98
Of course you're very welcome to come over to Rimini. Let us know in order
to arrange
hospitality. In this case please contact Daniela Leardini [
daniela@giardini.sm ]

Un saluto a tutti
- Roberto

http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network xchange