melinda jørgensen on Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:41:44 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Prix Ars .Net Judging Article

andreas wrote
..
>there are, however, plenty of other sites that do not fit the
>characterisation which derrick dK gives; what he was - in my eyes, quite
>correctly - refering to is the problem that the jury cannot judge the
>entire oeuvre of a net artist, but has to be given a chance to look at a
>single project only.

i actually wonder how much of any site is looked at by all the judges.. and
if one needs to have a 'champion' on the judgeing pannel to ensure that
ones work is given a decent consideration.. i have  a few stories about
other artists ars experiences including  a cdrom being returned unopened in
its shrinkwrap packaging with the generic thankyou letter saying how
carefully the entry had been considered..

melinda

 melinda  jørgensen
   www.subtle.net