Ioannis Skourogiannis on Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:02:50 +0100

Syndicate: festival of film and new media on art

Ioannis Skourogiannis writes:

Dear Andreas  Broeckmann,

Firstly thank you for inviting me  to join the V2_East/Syndicate mailing
list and second for hosting the festival  in V2' s site. I have to say that
I am very interested in what you are  doing.

The 1st International Festival of  Film and New Media on Art is going to
take place the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th of  december 1998 in Athens and is
going to present in competition 31 films and 18  cd-roms on all domains of
art from around the world: architecture, design,  painting, sculpture,
theatre, cinema, photography, perfomance art, multimedi  art, interactive
art, video art, music, literature, poetry, art history, as  well as,
museology and restoration. We are interested in a  multidisciplinary
approach towards art. We also want to suggest a wedding of the  different
media of multimedia, film and digital cinema. The festival is going to  be
held in the Fine Arts School of Athens and it will include installations,
lectures and round tables.

I have to say that our intention is  not to present academic films and
cd-roms on asrt. On the contrary, we are  moslty inetersted in creative
documentaries and cd-roms that use the  possibilities of the new medium at
its most.  Here is a list of some of the  cd-roms:   TOMATO 2 by Antirom LE
CRI NEERLANDAIS by the Netherlands Design  Institute  LE LOUVRE by
Montparnasse Multimedia  THE COMPLETE MAUS and   FREAK SHOW by Voyager
HOUSE by Joost Grootens  TCHNOPHOBIA by Dooley Le Lappellaine  SCRUTINY IN
THE GREAT ROUND by Jim  Gasperini  IMPROVISATION TECHNOLOGIES and
ARTINTACT 2,3,4 by ZKM  MUCHROOM JAZZ &SOUL MOTION by OM  Records
REGISTROS DE ARQUITECTURA by Vilente  Guallards  COTTONMOUTH TEXAS by
Circumstance Design

Unfortunately good cd-roms are rare to find in Greece. The designers are
just starting to get the grips of the techlology. However, more and more
producers are getting interested on the new medium. Unfortunately, I sense
the same goes with the countries of the East. We  have not managed to find
good cd-roms from these countries. If you do have any suggestions to make
please, you are very welcome. As a  matter of fact we are very interested
to see what the METAFORUM MEDIA ART  FESTIVAL in Budapest has to present.
Unfortunately I cannot get into their site.  Do you have their full
address?

I hope this gave an idea about what the festival is all about. The site of
the festival is due within few days from today.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely,
Yiannis Skourogiannis

57 Archimidous Gr-11636 Athens tel:01-7520065 fax:01-9242407