Inke Arns on Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:07:24 +0200

Syndicate: Circles of Confusion 4, Berlin

CIRCLES OF CONFUSION 4

http://www.mediaweb.de/coc

World Wide Film & Video Festival, Independent & Underground
19. - 22. November 1998 Volksb�¼hne & Filmkunsthaus Babylon
at Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz in Berlin-Mitte

CIRCLES OF CONFUSION is an annual, alternative forum for independent film
and video artists world wide. We are pleased to announce our fourth
festival running from 19th to the 22nd November, 1998. The festival takes
place at the Volksb�¼hne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz, at the Filmkunsthaus
Babylon Mitte, as well as in the Prater and in the Wabe in Prenzlauer Berg.

The festival screens works of all styles and lenghs, on Video, Super8, 16mm
or 35mm from the last two years which have not been commercially
distributed. We want to support unconventional filmmakers outside the
mainstream. Submitted films will be evaluated based on originality in the
realization of ideas and the use of experimental techniques.

The deadline for submissions is September 15th, 1998.

To create a non-competitive atmosphere, we do not stage a juried contest
for awards. The ROTER SALON in the Volksb�¼hne will again serve as a central
meeting point for filmmakers, the film-going public and representatives of
the media. Here it will be possible to meet and chat with directors about
their screened films, exchange ideas and plan future projects ...

In the FORUM on November 29th we hope to develop a working relationship
with independent filmmakers, producers, distributors and festival
organizers - an International Independent Film Network, IFN.

We show productions of all styles, lengths and formats, which are not yet
commercially distributed. As EXTRA CONFUSIONS we show short film
associations with the festivals name       CIRCLES OF CONFUSION (maximum
five minutes, all genres and formats).

We need to receive all materials no later than15. September 1998

ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
http://www.mediaweb.de/coc/e_anmeld.html

contact
CIRCLES OF CONFUSION
c/o CORDA, Heinrich-Roller-Strasse 25, 1O4O5 Berlin, Germany
Telefon + Fax (+ 49 3O) 442 5237 / e-mail: queen@berlin.snafu.de
http://www.mediaweb.de/coc
Circles of Confusion 4 - World Wide Film & Video Festival 1998

49.(0)30.3136678 | inke@berlin.snafu.de | http://www.v2.nl/~arns/