isea on Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:31:48 +0100

Syndicate: LAST CALL FOR ISEA BOARD NOMINATIONS

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

LAST CALL FOR - ISEA BOARD NOMINATIONS - UNTIL FRIDAY JUNE 12 1998

Since January 1998, the HQ has a dynamic, multilingual team of 5 part time
staff members who coordinate and administer ISEA's virtual and physical
presence. The HQ team is committed to develop ISEA's international and
local presence by extending our networks and providing a diverse range of
benefits to our membership. ISEA advocates a culturally diverse community,
which stimulates a global promotion and development of electronic art
practices.

The next 5 months will prove to be a very exciting period for ISEA. Right
now our current ISEA Board has served its agreed 1 year term and new
elections are on the horizon and we are preparing for our first AGM to be
held at ISEA98 in Liverpool / Manchester in September. For more information
on ISEA98 please visit our web site:
http://www.sat.qc.ca/isea/symposium/isea98.html

So now is the time and the chance to make significant difference in the
direction of our organization. We look forward to the new challenges the
future will bring with a newly elected ISEA Board.

In this ISEA news bulletin you will find:

--+ ISEA HQ Information +--
--+ Call for participation information--
--+ ISEA's Board structure +--
--+ Indication of Board Members Tasks and Terms +--
--+ Nomination Submission Form +--

--+ ISEA HQ Information +--

* ISEA is a non-profit, international organization whose membership and
collaborators consists of a wide range of individuals and institutions
involved in the creative, theoretical and technological aspects of
electronic arts.

* Founded in the Netherlands in 1990, the ISEA HQ moved its Headquarters to
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, at the end of 1996. In its first year of activity
in Montreal, the ISEA HQ focused on restructuring the organization. During
this period, ISEA acquired the status of international non governmental
organization (INGO).

 --+ Call for participation information+--

This deadline for nominations to the ISEA Board closes --- JUNE 12 1998 ---

--- Please note ---
ONLY ISEA MEMBERS will be able to be elected for Board positions!!
Non-members interested in presenting themselves as nominees can register
and submit their application at the same time. Please see our web site
http://www.sat.qc.ca/isea for information on how to become an ISEA member
or email us the ISEA HQ.

DETAILS CONCERNING THE VOTING PROCEDURES, AGM STRUCTURE AND AGENDA WILL BE
FORWARDED TO ALL ISEA MEMBERS IN THE NEXT ISEA NEWSLETTER. FOR ANY
INQUIRIES, CONTACT US AT THE ISEA HQ.

-+ ISEA Board Structure +--

Up to 9 ISEA Board positions are available. The outgoing board will
recommend to the incoming board that, by a gentlepersons agreement, 3
members resign at the end of a one year period and three members resign at
the end of a two year period. This will then ensure that at future Annual
General Meetings, a number of board members will be continuing and a number
will be newly elected, providing for a rotation of Board members offering
new insight and perspectives for the development of ISEA.

--+ Indication of Board Member Tasks and Terms +--

Tasks:
* Board members should act in the best interest of the ISEA network and its
membership. * Persons nominated should consider their personal time and
interests which they will bring to ISEA * Board members shall
collaboratively and actively promote and shape the future development of
ISEA * Board members should creatively assist in converging an
interdisciplinary art practice and technological developments. * During the
course of the next year, the ISEA Board and the ISEA HQ shall keep regular
contact by holding on-line meetings every 2 months to help manage, plan and
develop ISEA.

* ISEA98 in Liverpool, UK could set the scene for the first new Board
meeting to take place.

--+ Nomination Submission Form +--

Please print this form and fax or sent by mail only to the ISEA HQ office.

Surname: __________________________FirstName: _____________________________
Mailing Address __________________________________________________________
State:_______________ ZipCode: ___________ Country:
___________________________
Email: ________________________________

ISEA member: ______ yes	_______ no
(please note: Membership application forms can be received via email:
isea@sat.qc.ca or on our web site http://www.sat.qc.ca/isea)

I, _______________________________________________ being a member of the
Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts hereby agree to be nominated as an
ISEA Board member.

Signature _____________________________ date _____________________

Please submit these Personal Details with your nomination: 1. Short
descriptive bio (max. 250 words) 2. How do you foresee your nomination to
benefit ISEA and its membership (max. 250 words) 3. Briefly outline your
past involvement in the field of Electronic Art 4. Please list 3 concerns
you have regarding ISEA

Looking forward to receive your nominations!

The ISEA HQ

- ISEA- 307, Ste-Catherine O # 760.- C.P.508, Succ. Desjardins
- Montreal Quebec H5B 1B6 Canada - Tel:1-(514) 281-6543 - Fax:1-(514) 281-6728
           - email: isea@sat.qc.ca - http://www.sat.qc.ca/isea