Joel S Bachar on Mon, 4 May 1998 23:11:56 +0100

Syndicate: Introductions

Dear Syndicate participants,
I have been meaning to get around to an introduction of myself as I have
been finding Syndicate extremely useful, interesting and motivating.
My name is Joel S. Bachar, my company is Blackchair Productions and I am
located in Seattle, Washington, USA. I am a
curator/exhibitor/promter/distributor of independent short films, videos
and computer art. Every month, I hold my screening program called
"Independent Exposure" in Seattle. The program, now in its third year has
proven very successful. Further, I have had the opportunity to send my
programs to other microcinema curators around the U.S. and in other
countries as well. In fact, this month, the program will be playing in
Prague, Bangkok, Bulgaria and The Netherlands.
I really enjoy being on the Syndicate list as the events and art in
general that is happening in your parts of the world is extremely
interesting to me. It seems that the U.S. can be very close-minded ver
often, plus, we don't have such a history as you do so things never seem
quite so compelling here as they might there.
I am trying very hard to make it to Eastern Europe this Fall to present my
program. I have made some contacts into Yugoslavia/Croatia/Serbia and
Czechoslovakia and Hungary but am always looking for more contacts of
people and/or organizations that would be interested in hosting my
screening events! I'd also like to be involved with any sorts of media
festivals that might be going on. More importantly, I would very much like
to see your works! Please send them to the address below! For more
information, please see my webpage below, or, email me and I can send you
some details.
Keep up the interesting work. If there is ever any help you need from the
States, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will do what I can to
assist you.
Yours,
Joel

Joel S. Bachar, Blackchair Productions
"Independent Exposure," Seattle Independent Film & Video Consortium
2318 Second Ave., #313-A, Seattle, WA 98121/phone: (206) 977-8281
http://www.speakeasy.org/blackchair/
http://www.lightlink.com/offline/SIFVC.html