Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 18 May 1998 08:55:44 +0100

Syndicate: HIGH SPEED ART, San Francisco - Call for Entries

Call for Entries
Secession Gallery

HIGH SPEED ART
Secession Gallery is seeking artists for a temporary public exhibit: HIGH
SPEED ART.  This exhibit will not take place in a gallery;  instead it will
take place "in the streets." We hope to create an exhibit that addresses the
increasing impact of speed (and the tools of speed) in our lives. The art can
be static or mobile, and could relate to or include cars, skateboards,
bicycles, trains, planes, computers, and telephones.
 Artists working in all media are encouraged to apply.  Venues for projects
may include, but are not limited to:  rooftops, bus advertising space,
construction barriers, and storefronts. Artists could use signage of any kind,
radio broadcasts, sound installations, performances, and interventions.
Artists will recieve stipends.

If you are interested in being considered for this exhibit, please send:
 1) documentation of recent work
 2) A one-page letter describing your interest in the show and your general
approach toward the project (not a specific proposal).

Send to:
    Secession Gallery
    Leona Terrace Research Center
    20 Leona Terrace
    San Francisco, CA 94115

HIGH SPEED ART TIMELINE:
June 23         Deadline for letter of interest  and documentation of work
July 7            Finalists selected
August 3       Deadline for final proposal
October 15   Exhibition opens

http://www.sirius.com/~ps313 now features online projects for you surfing
pleasure.

NEW V2_tel. from 22 April 98: +31-10-2067272; fax-2067271