Rasa Smite on Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:33:26 +0100

Syndicate: Net audio printed issue ACOUSTIC.SPACE is OUT!

	"..Acoustic spaces can create different subjectivities; they open
	possibilities and potentials--particularly on an aesthetic and
	informational	levels--that can help us feel our way through the
	spaces we are opening up and moving into.
	.. By pushing the boundaries of electro-acoustic environments, of acoustic
	cyberspace, we can maintain a line into the open spaces of the unknown."
		/Erik Davis, Riga, Nov1997 http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/msg00277.html

Net audio printed issue ACOUSTIC.SPACE is OUT!

ACOUSTIC.SPACE
contents:

# INTROduction - net audio network, Xchange mailinglist and 'about HOWs and
WHATs to transmit via internet'
# TEXTS - about 'acoustic.cyberspace' (by Erik Davis), pop-music &
rroma-dub (by Molnar Daniel), net, 'radio' and physical space (interviews
by Josephine Bosma), 'sovereign media' (by Geert Lovink/Adilkno), net audio
experiments, radio and sound-art (texts by Zina Kaye, Alise Tifentale,
Monika Glahn & Ulf Freyhoff, Borut Savski, Rachel Baker, MA Breeze, and
others)
# "XCHANGE on-air session" festival in Riga (November, 1997)
# media art & alternative music scene in LATVIA
# NET.RADIO live streams and URLs

ACOUSTIC.SPACE
Published by E-LAB (Riga, Latvia) & Xchange network
Editors: Rasa Smite <rasa@parks.lv>, Raitis Smits <raitis@re-lab.net>
Design: Martins Ratniks <martins@re-lab.net>

Contact: e-lab@parks.lv
Address:
E-LAB, 11.Novembra Krastmala 35-94, Riga, LV 1050, Latvia.
T. 371-7210297
F: 371-7830518

PRICE: you can get them for FREE or to pay $5 (if you want to sell them or
would like to support us)
PLEASE SEND YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS and how many magazines you would like to get
to e-lab@parks.lv or rasa@parks.lv

More information about the magazine, contents, how and where to get it, how
to contribute texts for next issue - will be available soon at
http://xchange.re-lab.net/acoustic

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
ACOUSTIC.SPACE is printed net.audio issue (104 pages, 1000 copies),
2-languages (english+latvian). First issue published in April, 1998 by
E-LAB /Riga, Latvia/. The magazine will be released once or twice a year by
Xchange net audio network, intended - in 2 or multi- languages (e.g.
english+slovenian, english+hungarian and/or english+german, etc.).
'Acoustic.space' issue will be distributed all over the Europe and world-wide.

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network
xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/

-UIDL: 5a891b40303222b5a430b44deac5e5da