by way of Andreas Broeckmann on Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:12:02 +0100

Syndicate: IMAGINARIA - THE TEXT

The Imaginaria Prize for digital art will be announced on 16 June at the ICA
in London. An exhibition of the six shortlisted works will be on show
between 13 June - 2 July.

This prize, which is in its first year, is a collaboration between four
organisations: CAP Gemini (the main sponsor), the Arts Council of England,
FACT and the ICA.
It is worth £10,000 and its aim has been to recognise the significant
achievements of artistis working within pioneering areas of digital media
and to celebrate and contextualise the state of digital media in relation to
art and contemporary culture in the late 1990s.  The theme for this year's
prize has been loosely based around Life Sciences.  Work submitted must have
been completed after January 1996.

Within an accompanying publication we  aim to profile the shortlisted work
and show some views relating to emerging digital creativity.  Responses to
the four questions below are sought.  We will be selecting interesting
response (though we won't change your wording) and all responses used will
be attributed.

We'd be grateful if you could try not to exceed 50 words for each answer.
 Some questions may appeal more than others, you don't have to answer all of
them.

Deadline for response, by e-mail, is 8 May at the latest.

Many thanks in advance for your potential collaboration.

Bronac Ferran & Eddie Berg
(for the Editorial Team)

QUESTIONS:

*    WHAT IN YOUR VIEW ARE THE KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF EMERGING DIGITAL
CREATIVITY
*    IDENTIFY THE CHALLENGES FACING ARTISTS WORKING WITH DIGITAL MEDIA OVER
THE NEXT FEW YEARS
*    WHAT IS THE (DIGITAL) ARTWORK THAT HAS MOST INSPIRED YOU AND WHY?
*    ART/SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY - IS DIGITAL MEDIA MAKING SUCH DISTINCTIONS
REDUNDANT? COULD/SHOULD  IT DO SO?

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW INTERNET ADDRESS
My Email address is now
bronac.ferran@artscouncil.org.uk
please could you amend your address book.
Web pages: http://www.artscouncil.org.uk

-UIDL: b036f217a96e05a012eba70da5ba8f2e