andreas broeckmann on Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:02:03 +0100

[Fwd: Syndicate: Stockholm update]

--- Begin Message --- Hi Andreas, can you put folloving message in syndicates lists?

Perttu Rastas

Perttu Rastas, intendant, media curator
Kiasma - Museum of Contemporary Art, Helsinki
Mannerheiminaukio 2, 00100 Helsinki
+358-9-1733 6538, fax +358-9-1733 6575
GSM 040-5908802,
email perttu.rastas@fng.fi,
http://www.kiasma.fng.fi

-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------

SOUND BOX
- Web Broadcast Project

http://www.kiasma.fng.fi/soundbox/

-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------

SOUND BOX
-- a countdown project for KIASMA - Museum of Contemporary Art
(Helsinki Finland).

Almost 40 works has been selected for the SOUND BOX broadcasting, which
means 6,5 hours of broadcasting time. We are very proud of the success that
the project reached -- we received 250 works, over 46 hours(!) of sound
material from 23 countries. The quality of the works was very high, and
selecting these works was not an easy task to do.

SOUND BOX introduces different kind of works and aesthetics concerning
electronic music. Our main purpose was by means of the SOUND BOX to give
the web audience a versatile vision about the diversity of international
sonic art in the 90's and I think we succeeded in that aim. I was
particularly pleased to notice how environmental sounds and speech/voice
sounds were used so differently and in such interesting ways in these
works.

The SOUND BOX works are broadcasted as a RealAudio nonstop stream,
including text information about every composer and work. Visitors can also
make their own choices and select whatever pieces they like. It is also
possible to leave comments to us or the composers.

SOUND BOX will open its virtual doors on Wednesday April 1st 1998.

The Web broadcast will be online at the following address:
<http://www.kiasma.fng.fi/soundbox/>.

Petri Kuljuntausta
- composer, Sound Box curator

-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------<>-------

SOUND BOX (artists, works)

Appleton, Jon
- San Francisco Airport Rock
Baun, Steven
- I'll Make It Right
Biasutti, Michele
- Tavola VII
Burt, Warren
- Scraps from the Lab Floor
Bertels, Lieven
- Paper Mate 2000 Nylon
Bestor, Charles
- Into the Labyrinth
Biasioni, Massimo
- Nell'inevitabile e profondo tedio del cristallo
Chasalow, Eric
- Left to His Own Devices
Chen, Chin-Chin
- Points of No Return
Crawling with Tarts / Gendreau, Michael
- Motors
Drever, John Levack
- Butterfly Lovers
Garro, Diego
- Voci dall' Aldiqua
Giomi, Francesco
- That's all folks!
Hartman, Hanna
- Are You Going Up These Hills?
Hwang, Sung Ho
- TV Scherzo
Joy, Jérôme
- Mégaphonies
Justel, Elsa
- Au Loin... Bleu
Kitahara, Keiichi
- metamorphosis
Laronde, Claire
- Même les pierres parleront
Metzner, Jim
- Sound Memories
Normandeau, Robert
- Spleen
Osborn, Ed
- Nocturne
Parry, Nye
- Grand Junction
Patella, Gianantonio
- radio viaggio
Prior, David
- Hymne an die Materie
Rebelo, Pedro
- Forking Paths Virtual Mix
Rothenberg, David - Quin, Douglas
- Toothwalking
Rudi, Jøran
- Planet (Terra)
Samartzis, Philip
- Dark Woods
Santoboni, Riccardo
- Clarix II
Schryer, Claude
- El Medio Ambiente Acustico de México
Sermilä, Jarmo
- Incubo di Orfeo
Stollery, Pete
- Altered Images
System Error (Bird, Bobby - Duffy, Brian)
- enough already & nextone
Teller, Jørgen
- 14 trax and a hut
Turnbull, Michael