Jaanis Garancs on Mon, 02 Mar 1998 20:20:51 +0100

Syndicate: Fwd: Boycott Hotmail

>From: Relax Magazine <relax@c64.org
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 12:59:45 +0100
Subject: Boycott Hotmail

The following textfile can be found in the Aminet (docs/misc) and is
perhaps of interest for the CBM 64 community, too.

                      Microsoft did it again!
                      -----------------------
In one of their attempts to dominate the Internet they  have  bought
the  free email provider Hotmail. Needless to say, this is not good.
I know that alot of you guys out there got hotmail accounts,  please
support  the  antims movement and termineta your account, do this by
sending in the provided email (at  the  bottom  of  this  file)  to:
"verify_close@hotmail.com"  and  put:  "shutdown_me"  in the subject
field.

The net is full of other free email providers, so it  is  completely
painless to terminate a hotmail account.

Many  people send in letters to magazines telling how bad they think
Windows and other MS applications are.  There  are  numerous  antims
sites  on  the  WWW,  but  do  they really make any difference? Does
Microsoft care about this? The answer is NO! But now we all  have  a
chance  to  change  this  for  ever.  If  a  large  amount of people
terminates their hotmail accounts telling them that they  have  left
because  of Microsoft, then other companies would think twice before
selling themselves to Microsoft.

Terminating your hotmail  account  is  powerfull  statement  against
Microsoft domination !!!

Questions or suggestions can be sent to: fultra@hem2.passagen.se

Note that you must fill out all the fields, or  else  hotmail  won't
terminate your account !!!!
Send the following email to: "verify_close@hotmail.com" and write:
"shutdown_me" in the subject field.

---------------------- This is the body of the email
-----------------------
Login (Username):
Name:
Address:
Zip Code:
State:
Country:
Date of birth:
Names of Aliases (Nicknames in your account):
Names of Folders (in your account):
Date of Last Successful Login(approx.):
Date That You Opened The Account(approx.):
Reason For This Request: I don't want to support Microsoft in their
attempt to dominate the Internet.

well, about practical alternatives, for those who can not live without
"free" email (+www-accesible) is to use:
http://www.mailexcite.com/
http://www.lycosemail.com/
http://www.geocities.com/
http://altavista.iname.com/ (i.e. http://www.iname.com)

(for webmasters)
http://www.emumail.com/
(in this case it means  to installa similar www-mail gateway on their
own servers -
you have to buy a license to tu pump advertising banner-pixs (for the
free version, but it's less than that in hotmail, anyway ;-)

and other options ...