Andreas Broeckmann on Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:50:53 +0100

Syndicate: EMARE request

From: Peter Zorn <pz@werkleitz.de>

[please, notice that this call has some urgency; if your institution is
interested in participating in the EMARE network and if you can offer the
necessary facilities from next year onwards, please, get in touch with
Peter Zorn as soon as possible. the euro-dollars are slick and fast. -a]

This is a call for media bases which could be
interested in taking part at the
European Media Artists in Residence Exchange

You will find actual english information about EMARE at:
http://www.werkleitz.de/projekte/emare/emare1_e.html

EMARE is running in 1998 the fourth time.
Partners of EMARE are:
England: Hull Time Based Arts
Finnlandia: Muu Media Base Center in Helsinki
Hungary: Center for Culture and Communication Budapest
Germany: Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. / Centre for artistic visual media
Saxony-Anhalt

We are thinking to apply for the new cultural programme of the EU.
Therefore we need to find partner centers in 5 more EU states.

The EU would cover 50% of the costs, meaning if a center puts in its
infrastructure(facilities, space, existing staff) we might be able to
cover most of
the additional costs of EMARE (grants, travel expenses, administration
costs, fees for a coordinator) with the EU supplement.

We would need each media base to sign the application to get our 5 new
partners.

In case we would get the funding we would start EMARE this year in the
constellation as it is and continue to receive artists from the new
partners in 1999.
Vice versa the new partner centers would receive artists from at least 4
states
(one each) in 1999.

Participating Media Bases need to have media facilities, accomodation
for the artists.
Futhermore there is a grant of 1.000 ECU per month and 250 ECU travel
expenses.
Participation of the artists at an existing art event or a separate
EMARE presentation should be also included.
In some of the costs Goethe Institut and British Council might be
helpful as they support EMARE in GB and Hungary already.
Also besides of EU funding there can be regional art funds to help in
cover costs.

Please contact adress below soon if you would be interested in
participating in 1999 as we need to act fast and send signed application
formulars to Bruxelles until end of February

Don«t hesitate to contact if you have any further question!

Peter Zorn

EMARE Coordinator
pz@werkleitz.de
Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. / Centre for artistic visual media
Saxony-Anhalt
Strasse des Friedens 26 / 39249 Tornitz / Germany
Tel. 0049 - (0)39298 - 675- 0 / Fax: - 55
http://www.werkleitz.de