Yukiko Shikata on Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:47:54 +0100

Syndicate: Re: Japanese animation sickness

Dear Andreas,

Writing so late on "Poke-mon"(pocket monster)accident...it happened
already 3 days ago..

It was really surprising, as it means not only Poke-mon but all the
animation and TV games getting escalated more and more with
stimulating effects.

It is estimated that more than 7 million people(mostly children) were
watching the program, and more than 10000 mostly children getting
ill somehow, was announced. This mass effect would be historical, but
we have to remind that this media environment is already everywhere,
even we are not conscious or not, feeling ill, ecstacy or not.

We are already addictive, but this accident made it very much visible.

greetings yukiko

Yukiko Shikata, Canon ARTLAB
DK Bldg.5F, 7-18-23 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106 Japan
Tel: 81-3-5410-3611 Fax: 5410-3615
ARTLAB7"IO_DENCIES"(artist: Knowbotic Research) on now!
http://www.canon.co.jp/cast/