kovats on Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:26:39 -0400

Syndicate: EASTERN INFRASTRUCTURAL BREAKDOWN ALERT!

 ********* OSTRANENIE NOTICE ***** OSTRANENIE NOTICE *********

DEAR SYDICALISTS AND OTHER POTRENTIAL OSTRANENIE VISITORS AND PARTICIPANTS:

On Thursday, October 09, at 10:31 AM, the Deutsche-Telekom ISDN line
feeding the Bauhaus internal server broke down, causing the internal
computer (Siemens System) within the institiution to crash all telephone
and ISDN lines. The telephone line had been restored within three hours,
however the ISDN Line through which all mails coming into, and going out of

<<emi@stiftung-bauhaus.de>>

since this period have not moved. Today we have received news that Deutsche
Telekom's (now trading stocks on the Frankfurter DAX Index) main ISDN POP
or Relay in Magdeburg has also broken down causing a state wide jamming of
ISDN and therefore T-Online services!

Until this situtaion is rectified please send all ostranenie relevant and
urgent mails, clearly marked "ostranenie" to my address at:

<<100662.2476@compuserve.com>> along with a copy to
<<thomas.munz@misa.uni-magdeburg.de>>

We sent a large number of mails to potential participants yesterday and
today before realising that nothing was moving. Although most mails will
somehow be rerouted through compuserve eventially when we siftthrough
everything, i would ask the following people to try and phone the
ostranenie office (either Nina Czegledy or Adele Eisenstein) about
programme relevant questions:

Lev Manovich
Tapio MÅ kelÅ
Piotr Krajewski
Irina Aktuganova

tel: **49 340 6508 313

The simulacrum of high tech media normality in the new germany is only
that!

Thanks,

Stephen Kovats