isea on Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:50:14 -0500

Syndicate: THE ISEA WEBCAST

ISEA97 - WEBCAST

The 8th International Symposium on Electronic Art (ISEA97)  is coming up
next week  !

To emphasize its presence at the Symposium, the Montreal ISEA HQ is
organizing a "WebCast".

The ISEA WebCast wishes to link the ISEA virtual community that has been
evolving for the past ten years and the symposium, the yearly meeting point
of this community.

ISEA opens its wings in two complementary time-spaces, the first being
linear in time but never grounded in a particular space: the community, the
second being ephemeral both in time and space: the annual meetings.

Each ISEA hosting city can be seen as a temporary base for this huge
community. If the WebCast we realize is a real electronic fingerprint of an
urban event, it is also a vessel in the cyberspace of the hosting town.

The ISEA WebCast will land in Chicago to:
1-define the frontier between the ephemeral interior space of a symposium
dedicated to electronic arts and its concrete exterior space, not always
concrete, the city which welcomes and surrounds it.
2-grab the essence of the event and allow the critical expression of its
participants.

**CALL FOR PARTICIPATION **

All ISEA attendees can help us to make this WebCast an experimental success

Time 1: We are seeking for artistic collaborations and critical texts to be
realized during the symposium, both from panelists or anyone concerned by
the confrontation of 3 spaces we will experiment during the symposium, the
space of the ISEA community, the ephemeral symposium and its grounding
grip; Chicago

Time 2: All columns and reviews regarding the symposium will be hosted on
the site. A call is now sent to everyone. Our team will put on line daily
all your contributions, texts, images and sounds

Hoping to meet you in the WebCast Lounge (Ballroom) in Chicago, we hope you
will be
part of this collaboration experience of the third kind.

For further information, don't hesitate to contact us,

The ISEA WebCast team

- ISEA- 307, Ste-Catherine O # 760.- C.P.508, Succ. Desjardins
- Montreal Quebec H5B 1B6 Canada - Tel:1-(514) 281-6543 - Fax:1-(514) 281-6728
           - email: isea@sat.qc.ca - http://www.sat.qc.ca/isea