Iliyana NEDKOVA on Tue, 12 Nov 96 17:16 GMT+0100

Crossing Over I and more

Hello everybody, our message is written from sunny, warm Sofia.
Our workshop started yesterday with twenty participants with wildly
varying experience. Five of our participants came from Slovenia,
Croatia, Russia and Kazakhstan and all the others are Bulgarians.
After the press conference our workshop day started with the participants
introducing themselves and  continued with Marina's Grzinic presentation of
Slovenian Video Art. This is a wonderful opportunity to ask Marina
for her observations:
So here are mine observations
1. This presentation Video from  Slovenia consisted of 2 video art documentaries
done by Grzinic and
Smid and selected works by video artists from Sloevenia: Jasna
Hribernik, Ema Kugler and Mirko Simic. The program was long and
intensive as I planned to be so,  this was a good oportunity to really
experienced the Slovenian video productions in intensive way. Today
I will discuss  the program the history, esthetics strategies theory
of the video medium that was developed and present internationally.
Today also a retrospective video program  by Smid and Grzinic will be
shown and discussed. This invitation by the SCCA Sofia  by Nedkova is
important because this is the first time that an extensive program
will be shown and discussed in Bulgaria in an international intra
Bulgarian / Russian/ etc. context. So here we are,  about the results
later. The begginings are promising (Grzinic).

Just a word by me, Iliyana. I am happy that we are working so
intensively towards the success of the festival. The press-conference
spread the news about the Festival even further and now that both the
workshop and the screenings are rolling we could keep you busy with
more good news,

Yours,
Iliyana and Crossing Over I team

Iliyana NEDKOVA
Information and Documentation Officer
Soros Center for the Arts
16 A, P.Evtimii Blvd. Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
tel/fax: 00359 2 980 28 61; 89 89 94
e-mail: inedkova@sca.osf.acad.bg

P.S Pls. make sure that in times of troubled
connection you switch to<iliana@[194.141.1.156]>