Steev Hise on Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

Syndicate: [OT?] the case of iNNteger

Off-topic or not, I'm interested in airing more details,
from both sides, of the iNNteger story. to recount briefly a
recent exchange between integer and honor@va.com.au:

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 found integer@www.god-emil.dk writing:

(honor@va.com.au said):
->>i find it deeply the ironic that an entrepreneur
->>so well known for revoking
->>licences to use her software (nato) when she encounters even the smallest
->>criticisms of her programming - effectively censoring nato users -
->
->i would be interested to know what it is you are referring to.
->you appear to have invoked a personal agenda but ...
->
->1 - no licenses have been revoked.

This interests me greatly that you would deny this,
iNNteger. perhaps you only deny the letter and not the
spirit of the statement, which is that you or your
organization has been quite agressive and, shall we say,
draconian, in attempting to control/limit who uses nato.
this may not have included "revocation" per se, but i've
heard from a few people that i trust of other measures, such
as extra fees levied against certain people, etc.

->2 - there aren't any nato.0+55 users.

Could you explain what you mean by this? Is this more
semantics?  I just saw someone using it at a show about a
week ago. it looked quite nice, btw.

->i like being asked. i do not recall being 'asked'.
->recall being ordered. threatened. reprimanded.
->chastised. or classified as experiencing fantasies of a
->supremely delicious kind.

I think it would be really interesting to see a clear
history of what you think has been done to you, iNNteger,
one not obfuscated by insults or 3!173-speak or
browser-crashing client-side scripts. Many people are new to
this age-old conflict between you and the world.  Others
(like myself) have been simply too busy to follow every
twist and turn over the years, but are intrigued by the
overall phenomenon.

It would also be interesting to see a collection of civil
and clear accounts from "the other side", and evidence of
some of the various discussions that got out of hand.

It's been fascinating to watch the saga unfold, one of the
most fiery and long-running distributed social interactions
in the history of the net. Documentation of this could be an
art work in itself.  And besides, it will be over soon
enough, so a memoir would be in order.  Don't you think?

->may discuss your self or if desired may address the
->issues rather than attacking me to improve your standing

I hope everyone sees this message as an attempt to discuss
issues, and not an attack.  I am totally serious about the
above project. I want to see a collectively produced
step-by-step web-timeline of integer/antiorp/NN/mckenzie/etc
activites/involvement/positions, and reactions to same,
beginning in 1995 or so (or whenever you started - when was
the first big Max list blowup? was that the beginning? or
earlier?) and running up to the present.  I will even
perhaps volunteer to set up server software to help
facilitate this. I'm not sure right now what the best
software would be to do it. perhaps just a simply WikiWiki?

Now any of you may take this as bait for further flaming,
but I assure you that that is not the intent. Yet, however
you react, the saga will continue.....

Respectfully yours,

Steev Hise, Head Chump
steev@detritus.net	   http://detritus.net/steev
*Recycled Culture: detritus.net
*Record Store: southtothefuture.com
*Progressive radio sketches: radioluchalibre.com
*Watching power flow: capitalletters.detritus.net
*Democratic sound collage generator: soundbakery.detritus.net
                     *** sig almost over ***
"I kept thinking I can't do this; I'm a serious actor. And
then suddenly I was in a little outfit on top of a
mountain in Iceland with some dogs pulling me in a sled
with some guns attached to me. And I thought, 'Yeah! This is
exactly who I am!'"
		-Angelina Jolie, discussing "Tomb Raider"