{ brad brace } on Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:40:08 +0100

Syndicate: 49 hundred

_______ _            __ ___  _

|__   __| |          /_ |__ \| |

| |  | |__   ___   | |  ) | |__ _ __ | |  | '_ \ /
_ \  | | / /| '_ \| '__| | |  | | | |  __/  | |/
/_| | | | | |_|  |_| |_|\___|  |_|____|_| |_|_|
_____  _____ ____  _   _            _ _____ ______
_____ |_   _|/ ____|  _ \| \ | |          | |  __
\|  ____/ ____| | | | (___ | |_) |  \| |______
| | |__) | |__ | |  __ | |  \___ \|  _ <| . `
|______|   | | ___/|  __|| | |_ | _| |_ ____) |
|_) | |\  |     | |__| | | | |___| |__| |
|_____|_____/|____/|_| \_|      \____/|_|
|______\_____|

|  __ \         (_)         | |

| |__) | __ ___  _  ___  ___| |_ |  ___/ '__/ _ \|
|/ _ \/ __| __| | |   | | | (_) | |  __/ (__| |_
|_|   |_|  \___/| |\___|\___|\__| _/ |

|__/

    Synopsis: The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project began
December 30, 1994. A `round-the-clock posting of
sequenced hypermodern imagery by Brad Brace. The
hypermodern minimizes the familiar, the known, the
recognizable; it suspends identity, relations and
history.

The 12-hour ISBN JPEG Project

----------------------------- began December 30,
1994

Pointless Hypermodern Imagery... posted/mailed
every 12 hours... a stellar, trajective alignment
past the 00`s! A continuum of minimalist masks in
the face of catastrophe; conjuring up
transformative metaphors for the everyday... A
poetic reversibility of events...

A post-rhetorical, continuous, apparently random
sequence of imagery...  genuine gritty,
greyscale... corruptable, compact, collectable and
compelling convergence. The voluptuousness of the
grey imminence: the art of making the other
disappear. Continual visual impact; an optical
drumming, sculpted in duration, on the endless
present of the Net.

An extension of the printed ISBN-Book (0-9690745)
series... critically unassimilable... imagery is
gradually acquired, selected and re-sequenced over
time... ineluctable, vertiginous connections. The
12hr dialtone...

[ see ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace/netcom/books ]

KEYWORDS:  Disconnected, disjunctive, distended,
de-centered, de-composed, ambiguous, augmented,
ambilavent, homogeneous, reckless...
Multi-faceted, oblique, obsessive, obscure,
obdurate...  Promulgated, personal, permeable,
prolonged, polymorphous, provocative, poetic,
plural, perverse, potent, prophetic,
pathological...  Evolving, eccentric, eclectic,
egregious, exciting, entertaining, entropic,
erotic, entrancing, enduring...

Every 12 hours, another!...  view them, re-post
`em, save `em, trade `em, print `em, even publish
them...

Here`s how:

~ Set www-links to -
http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/12hr.html. Look
for the 12-hr-icon. Heavy traffic may require you
to specify files more than once! Anarchie, Fetch,
CuteFTP, TurboGopher...

~  Download from -  ftp.pacifier.com
/pub/users/bbrace Download from -
ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace Download from -
ftp.rdrop.com /pub/users/bbrace Download from -
ftp.eskimo.com  /u/b/bbrace * Remember to set
tenex or binary. Get 12hr.jpeg

~ E-mail - If you only have access to email, then
you can use FTPmail to do essentially the same
thing. Send a message with a body of 'help' to the
server address nearest you:

ftpmail@ccc.uba.ar ftpmail@cs.uow.edu.au
ftpmail@ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
ftpmail@ftp.Dartmouth.edu ftpmail@ieunet.ie
ftpmail@src.doc.ic.ac.uk ftpmail@archie.inesc.pt
ftpmail@ftp.sun.ac.za ftpmail@ftp.sunet.se
ftpmail@ftp.luth.se ftpmail@NCTUCCCA.edu.tw
ftpmail@oak.oakland.edu ftpmail@sunsite.unc.edu
ftpmail@decwrl.dec.com ftpmail@census.gov
bitftp@plearn.bitnet bitftp@dearn.bitnet
bitftp@vm.gmd.de bitftp@plearn.edu.pl
bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu bitftp@pucc.bitnet

~ Mirror-sites requested! Archives too! The latest
new jpeg will always be named, 12hr.jpeg Average
size of images is only 45K. * Perl program to
mirror ftp-sites/sub-directories:
src.doc.ic.ac.uk:/packages/mirror *

~ Postings to usenet groups: alt.12hr
alt.binaries.pictures.12hr
alt.binaries.pictures.misc
alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.misc

* * Ask your system's news-administrator to carry
these groups! (There are also usenet image
browsers: TIFNY, PluckIt, Picture Agent,
PictureView, Extractor97, NewsRover, Binary News
Assistant, Newsfeeds)

~ This interminable, relentless sequence of
imagery began in earnest on December 30, 1994. The
basic structure of the project has been over
twenty-four years in the making. While the
specific sequence of photographs has been
presently orchestrated for more than 12 years`
worth of 12-hour postings, I will undoubtedly be
tempted to tweak the ongoing publication with
additional new interjected imagery. Each 12-hour
posting is like the turning of a page; providing
ample time for reflection, interruption, and
assimilation.

~ The sites listed above also contain information
on other transcultural projects and sources.

~ A very low-volume, moderated mailing list for
announcements and occasional commentary related to
this project has been established at topica.com
/subscribe 12hr-isbn-jpeg

-- This project has not received government
art-subsidies. Some opportunities still exist for
financially assisting the publication of editions
of large (36x48") prints; perhaps (Iris giclees)
inkjet quadtones bound as an oversize book. Other
supporters receive rare copies of the first three
web-offset printed ISBN-Books. <<
http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/buy-into.html

-- ISBN is International Standard Book Number.
JPEG and GIF are types of image files. Get the
text-file, 'pictures-faq' to learn how to view or
translate these images. [ftp
ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace/netcom/]

-- (c) copyleft
1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001