Tetsuya OZAKI on Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:50:03 +0900

Syndicate: ___ R E A L T O K Y O vol.33 ___

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O
_____29_06_2001_Fri_vol.33___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks-1:
        A Thinker who learned from Space
        R. Buckminster Fuller Exhibition
        recommended by Serizawa Takashi

(2) Tokyo, 4 Weeks-2:
        Children's Encounter with the Unknown
        Art Day for Kids
        recommended by Sato Naoki

(3)  Present of the Week:
        5 'Cinefil' CD + card game sets by Shimizu Yasuaki
        and more!!

This week's RT Picks:
art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 52 events
including 12 new ones!  Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks-1

A Thinker who learned from Space
R. Buckminster Fuller Exhibition
recommended by Serizawa Takashi

A giant retrospective exhibition of R. Buckminster Fuller has arrived in
Japan... If there is something such as a 'spirit of the 20th century,'
Buckminster Fuller is its perfect impersonation, with all its goods
(=potential) and bads (=limits). Beginning in the USA in 1895 and ending
in 1983, Fuller's life went somewhat parallel with the 20th century, but
the 20th century spirit becomes even more evident in his bold style to
roceed on his mission. Built upon a technology base, Fuller had stretched
his activities over various fields, where he was steadily working on his
plans to invent the future....

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0036-serizawa.htm

(2) Tokyo, 4 Weeks-2:

Children's Encounter with the Unknown
Art Day for Kids
recommended by Sato Naoki

Children like technology, and they respond to it. But how about art? I
don't exactly understand what's "art" so I can't judge here, but it seems
that I like things that I don't understand... I'm full of expectation towards
the "Art Day for Kids" summer holiday exhibition held at Watari Museum.
Entrance, balcony, attic, sister's bedroom, inner garden, living room,
bedroom... they're all equipped with functions we usually don't pay
attention to. This exhibition includes visual and acoustic art, technology
and nature....

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0037-sato.htm

(3) Present of the Week

We've prepared lots of presents!  Send in your name!
Be aware that each present has a different closing date.
Instead of announcing the winners we just send them their prize.

      5 'Cinefil' CD + card game sets by Shimizu Yasuaki
      Invitation to 'Cloth for Prayer and Wearing'
      REALTOKYO stickers (ten per set)

To apply and for further information, please contact:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm